Notices

IFS lift vs. SAS swap???

View Poll Results: IFS lift vs. SAS swap
IFS lift 33 37.50%
SAS swap 55 62.50%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #61
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Oh, very nice !!

Perfect, most dont know that the Detroit locker is/was the standard....
What do you mean by Detroit being the standard??
I was thinking of a Aussie some day up front... IDK
Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #62
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
What do you mean by Detroit being the standard??
I was thinking of a Aussie some day up front... IDK

What I mean is Detroit introduced the locking diff. in 1941 (or there abouts), & they set the standard for other manufacturers (that came later) to meet or exceed, they were around long before the other aftermarket guys....Not neccessarily the best by todays standards but still probably the most popular & most reliable locker going...
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #63
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What I mean is Detroit introduced the locking diff. in 1941 (or there abouts), & they set the standard for other manufacturers (that came later) to meet or exceed, they were around long before the other aftermarket guys....Not neccessarily the best by todays standards but still probably the most popular & most reliable locker going...
Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #64
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
1941......Compared to me that's the damn stone age!!! Just from what i've heard on TTORA Yukon seems to be a pretty pick.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #65
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
1941......Compared to me that's the damn stone age!!! Just from what i've heard on TTORA Yukon seems to be a pretty pick.

Well I'm still a member there but don't go nearly as much as I did, TTORA isn't as informative or productive as it once was, theres alot more "Attitude" & not good attitude either, alot of guys just spouting off at the mouth without knowing WTF they're talkin' about, you can just ask a random question (or answer one), not even a dumb one & all they do is flame you. Like I said Detroit has been around longer than the rest & whatever technology the "other guys" have in their lockers it was done off the R&D work that Detroit did originally, so like i said , maybe not the best by todays standard but still the most popular & most reliable...
Old 06-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #66
NorthWest Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well I'm still a member there but don't go nearly as much as I did, TTORA isn't as informative or productive as it once was, theres alot more "Attitude" & not good attitude either, alot of guys just spouting off at the mouth without knowing WTF they're talkin' about, you can just ask a random question (or answer one), not even a dumb one & all they do is flame you. Like I said Detroit has been around longer than the rest & whatever technology the "other guys" have in their lockers it was done off the R&D work that Detroit did originally, so like i said , maybe not the best by todays standard but still the most popular & most reliable...