Notices

Bed Liners: Rhino vs. Line-X

View Poll Results: Bed Liners: Rhino vs. Line-X
Rhino 13 22.03%
Line-X 46 77.97%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
My experience... Line-X hands down... My Dad had the Rhino is several work trucks and it pealed. He eventually said forget it and quit getting it done. I have had Line-X in my 03 Ranger and a friend has it in his Colorado... 10 times the product...
Old 11-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Toyota1998 will become famous soon enough

Name: Nick
Toyota1998's Tacoma Gallery
My fathers '78 Ford pickup had rust in the bed and needed replacing, Instead of putting in the time and money to replace the bed(we were in the process of restoring it) he got the bed sprayed with Line-x. Now, over ten years later, the whole bed is rusted out, me and an my buddy can grab the bed sides and it up off the truck. And the side are about to fall outward. The Line-x is that only thing holding that truck bed together and we still use it. we haul round bales and square bails in it. That Line-x is some tuff stuff.
I have my tacomas bed covered in Line-x and it's holding up very well, but i havn't put it through the abuse that my dads truck has gone through.
Get.the.Line-x!
Old 11-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
There both pretty durable but the Line-X does hold up better i've heard. Since your not gonna be doing any crazy hauling, just go with the cheaper one
Old 11-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Line-X over the rail.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Over the rail line-x is the way to go...

Skimp out and get the cheap stuff, you going to be sooo pissed at yourself when it starts pealing off.... It will peal even if not being used for work... It pealed off the top of the tool boxes on one of the company trucks... Its not worth doing it if you don't use Line-X
Old 11-20-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzaucha View Post
Just about the only thing I haul is my dog...
They are different products.

I have had both over they years and prefer Rhinolining. Line-x is like crawling on asphalt while Rhinolinig is like crawling on a shiney hard rubber floor.'

I prefer Rhinolining because its easier on the knees and has some give to it.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #9
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
the only thing that i dont like about line x is the price.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #10
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a quote from a local guy who installs liners:

Quote:
Go with a spray liner. I spray liners all the time the main difference between rhinoliner and Linex(or armacoat)is the aplication. linex is like what we spray at Meridian. they are both preped the same the difference is that linex is a hot application and rhno is cold. also the texture of the linex( or Armacoat ) comes out alot more even this makes alot better look in the finished product. As far as the thickness, its all in the guy spraying the liner.

People underestimate how much work goes into doing a quality liner. Most of it is prep work but all of the prep work is for nothing if you don't know how to spray and texture it correctly.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #12
ICTGAL is on a distinguished road
ICTGAL's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino vs LineX

I am very familar with both products. Rhino products sprayed with High Pressure will have the look of LineX but offer better performance. Rhino is sprayed thicker, holds your cargo in place much better then the LineX product. LineX has a tendenancy to be too abrasive for me and sprayed much thinner. Both products are good products it's the shops workmanship and the sprayers talent that makes a huge difference. My preference is for Rhino ...as Nothing Beats a Real Rhino......
Old 12-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
Truckgasm is on a distinguished road
Truckgasm's Tacoma Gallery
They are both great products. Rhino Linings has made huge improvements recently. Installation is everything. Ask to see a sample truck sprayed by the dealer you choose before they touch your truck. See if you can check out the shop and see what it looks like. Is it clean? The dealers shop is a reflection of their work....
Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #15
Skeena is on a distinguished road
Skeena's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino Vs Line X

Rhino linings is the only choice. Line X doesnt stand behind there work.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #16
Nope.....I wasn't there........
general61 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
general61's Tacoma Gallery
line x

line-x x2 after having rhino done once on a truck...and watching it peel and flake. The 2 other trucks I had, I did line-x with zero issue's.....

Good luck choosing
Old 12-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I have a "drop in" but if you go by who stays in business longer......Line-x hands down...whatever Rhino does for their franchises must not work up here ......If you have a warranty problem,can you go to another dealer????

I looked at "spray" when I purchased new BUT the dealer "Through" the Liner in as part of the deal and 8 years later it still holds up( I carry every and anything in that bed...ledge,salt ,sand,toys and people )..

S
Old 12-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #18
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Rhino and it has all kinds of chips, flakes, and deep scratches from stupid little things. My brother has a Line-X and he has yet to have any of the issues I have. I'll never get anything Rhino lined. Line-X all the way!!!

My brother is a Veteran and the guy at the Line-X place saw his custom license plate holder that stated my brother was a combat tested Veteran. He gave my bro a discount and sprayed it 30% thicker. Never heard that from Rhino.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
cmf21 is on a distinguished road
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my 04 a few months back, the dealer was supposed to install line-x but the dealer got shut down temporary due to complaints of the smell and had to relocate. They instead installed a reflex spray in liner and it's held up very well. Haven't noticed any problems.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #20
BlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: James
BlueSteel's Tacoma Gallery
Line-X all the way. It goes on smooth and even, not like the oatmeal effect that rhino tends to have. I even heard that they put Line-x on the Apache helicopters...it is some tough shit. I got it on my skid plate and it looks good. My buddy had it done over the rail to his 07 Silverado and that stuff does not move once sprayed and cured. It cures with a nice gloss.