1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 Body rust! Does anyone know if...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by MOBTACO, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:56 PM
    MOBTACO

MOBTACO [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    Ok so i recently got my 02 4 door taco in May 2009 and after purchasing it i noticed some rust on the rear passenger door underneath the window molding and then a lil later there is a small spot on the roof, and then noticed in the driver door jam in the upper right corner where there is a pinch weld there is a lil more rust. Now i was wondering if i was able to get it fixed at the dealer seeing as how it is there fuck up... Im asking if anyone knows what there policy is because one of my friends dad has a frontier and he took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free and then did it again and once again they fixed it for free.

Please let me know...

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I think your question depends on your local state laws, and if the truck was sold "as is", and what kind of buyer/seller agreement contract was signed.

But for the most part, I think there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. You can try taking it back to them and see if they will fix the rust issue, but do expect them to say, "too bad".

You could take them to small claims court, but they can argue that it is normal for a truck of that year to have rust along with rust on other parts of the truck.

3. Nov 24, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    rugerm44

rugerm44 Member

Member:
    It has a 100,000 mile rust thru warranty.Take it back

Products Discussed in

To Top