Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

02 Body rust! Does anyone know if...

Old 11-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
MOBTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
MOBTACO's Tacoma Gallery
02 Body rust! Does anyone know if...

Ok so i recently got my 02 4 door taco in May 2009 and after purchasing it i noticed some rust on the rear passenger door underneath the window molding and then a lil later there is a small spot on the roof, and then noticed in the driver door jam in the upper right corner where there is a pinch weld there is a lil more rust. Now i was wondering if i was able to get it fixed at the dealer seeing as how it is there fuck up... Im asking if anyone knows what there policy is because one of my friends dad has a frontier and he took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free and then did it again and once again they fixed it for free.

Please let me know...
Old 11-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBTACO View Post
Ok so i recently got my 02 4 door taco in May 2009 and after purchasing it i noticed some rust on the rear passenger door underneath the window molding and then a lil later there is a small spot on the roof, and then noticed in the driver door jam in the upper right corner where there is a pinch weld there is a lil more rust. Now i was wondering if i was able to get it fixed at the dealer seeing as how it is there fuck up... Im asking if anyone knows what there policy is because one of my friends dad has a frontier and he took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free and then did it again and once again they fixed it for free.

Please let me know...
I think your question depends on your local state laws, and if the truck was sold "as is", and what kind of buyer/seller agreement contract was signed.

But for the most part, I think there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. You can try taking it back to them and see if they will fix the rust issue, but do expect them to say, "too bad".

You could take them to small claims court, but they can argue that it is normal for a truck of that year to have rust along with rust on other parts of the truck.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
rugerm44 will become famous soon enough
rugerm44's Tacoma Gallery
It has a 100,000 mile rust thru warranty.Take it back