Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

adding a coil over lift. need help

Old 11-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
houndsmen is on a distinguished road
houndsmen's Tacoma Gallery
adding a coil over lift. need help

hey guys i have a 2.5 spacer leveling kit right now on my 01 tacoma and i have been seeing a lot of guys out there adding a 1" coil over system in the front. does anyone have an opinion on this? i am going to do this once i get a little more details. thanx for the help
Old 11-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The most you can safely(as far as excessive wear and tear on other parts) lift a 4x4 is 3". The description you gave is a little vague. You can get rid of your current setup though and go with a much better Coilover. Much better ride and perfomance but also alot more money.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Stacking suspension lift is a no no. You can keep the 2.5" and do a 1" BL or a 3" suspension lift or a drop bracket kit.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
houndsmen is on a distinguished road
houndsmen's Tacoma Gallery
would just adding a coilover lift be higher than my leveling kit now?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
if you took off your leveling kit and put on the coilovers it could be higher. they are usually adjustable. i did the same thing and its night and day. do it up