Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DRL Mod

Old 11-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Scosh has a spectacular aura aboutScosh has a spectacular aura aboutScosh has a spectacular aura about

Name: Scotty
Scosh's Tacoma Gallery
DRL Mod

Ive read a post that said that you can switch the DRL wires to your turn signals. Anyone know how to do this? Pictures and advice will be great.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Starts at post #10. That is the way I did it. and it is my "build thread"
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...en-tacoma.html
Old 11-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Scosh has a spectacular aura aboutScosh has a spectacular aura aboutScosh has a spectacular aura about

Scosh's Tacoma Gallery
I read it, but idk which wire he is talking about so I dont know where to start :/
Old 11-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Let me see if I can get some pictures before it gets too dark...
Old 11-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #5

Scosh's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks in advance
Old 11-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #6

Basically the grounds (white/black wires) remained the ground on each light. In other words, you don't extend them to each light so instead of having 4 wires total you will only have two.

What I did and if you can't tell in the preceding pictures is I took the power (solid green wire) from the stock turn signal and extended it to the power (solid green wire) on the socket of the stock DRL by using the solid red wire. Then I took the power (solid green wire) from the stock DRL socket and extended it to the power (solid green wire) on the turn signal by using the red/black wire. The grounds as I mentioned were untouched so there is no need to even cut or splice into them. LEAVE THEM JUST AS THEY ARE! It will save you not only time, but wire and the extra hassle in dealing with the splicing and re soldering of the wires. Hope the following pictures clear up confusion. If not just let me know and I will try to sort them out as best I can.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #7

Scosh's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Ill be sure to try this in the morning.