Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wheel Spacers + Fender Flares?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Coldspire is on a distinguished road
Name: B-Rad
Coldspire's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Spacers + Fender Flares?

Hey I have been looking at Bushwacker fender flares with the 'bolt on' look but can't find any that give 1.5 inches of coverage (for a 1st gen Tacoma). I have however found ones that give 3 inches but i think fender flares look awkward if they stick out further than your wheels so I was considereing getting the three inch ones and maybe 1.5 inch wheel spacers?

What do you guys (and gals) think? Would they make my truck look awkward? Pics of anybody with this style would help..

Here is a pic of my tires right now..

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Also if anybody DOES know of 1.5 inch flares then let me know.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any pics, but I think the 3" flares with the 1.5" spacers would give a real sleek, agressive look, I don't think it would look akward at all
Old 01-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
bladez is on a distinguished road
bladez's Tacoma Gallery
fender flares, wheel spacers, and offset wheels

Wheel spacers don't have the greatest reputation for safety plus they tend to wear out front end components prematurely (particularly ball-joints) if you haven't put a taller tire on to compensate. It won't help the front end but wheels with more offset are a safer alternative to wheel spacers. Overall you are probably better to go with smaller fender flares and less wheel offset. Check out the pics here of 1st gen Toyota Tacoma fender flares installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldspire View Post
Hey I have been looking at Bushwacker fender flares with the 'bolt on' look but can't find any that give 1.5 inches of coverage (for a 1st gen Tacoma). I have however found ones that give 3 inches but i think fender flares look awkward if they stick out further than your wheels so I was considereing getting the three inch ones and maybe 1.5 inch wheel spacers?

What do you guys (and gals) think? Would they make my truck look awkward? Pics of anybody with this style would help..

Here is a pic of my tires right now..

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Also if anybody DOES know of 1.5 inch flares then let me know.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any pictures of my tires up close but i have the 3 inch flares and my tires actually still stick out of them.. there are companies who make the small fender flares. that are 1.5 inch.. i will try to find the thread and give you a name.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
Coldspire is on a distinguished road
Name: B-Rad
Coldspire's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everbody for the replies. Woudn't have guessed that a thread I started in November would give me results in January haha.