Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does anyone use the cup holder/tray in the back of Xtra Cab...??

Old 12-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone use the cup holder/tray in the back of Xtra Cab...??

Is it just me, or do you also think it's useless? I did use it once, but not as a drink holder. I flipped it up for more support for a large box I
had in the back. Drinks though?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
Is it just me, or do you also think it's useless? I did use it once, but not as a drink holder. I flipped it up for more support for a large box I
had in the back. Drinks though?
Never for drinks, but for an extra storage platform like you said.

In a couple of years, it'll be a platform used for our daughter's booster seat
Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Well in my DC i use the back one because the front one sucks.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
I used it as a support for a carseat, It worked great. Gave the seat the extra base/support it needed. It did the trick for a while till my wife decided to get pregnant again. I have since upgraded to a 1st gen D-Cab, but I miss my 2K PreRunner.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
It did the trick for a while till my wife decided to get pregnant again.
You say that as if you and the event were mutually exclusive
Old 12-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I've used it once or twice. Normally when I'm going to be in my truck for awhile (like long trips or on the trails) and bring along 2 drinks. I keep my phone and mp3 player in one of the cup holders up front. Once I'm done with my first drink, just swap the bottles.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a pretty pointless feature that Toyota just randomly decided to throw in for the hell of it. Mine just rattles unless I have it deployed.

I do like the underseat storage though...
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Boosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really nice

Name: Cliff
Boosted17's Tacoma Gallery
It it great for the car seat! I love it.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
It works great for the car seat, because that's what it was designed for. A car seat won't sit right unless you have it up, because the seat isn't deep enough for one without it. The pretty much just put two holes in it, so I could be used as a cup holder if someone wanted.

FYI, no kids! And I don't remember why I know that.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
I think we should rename it the "booster seat platform extension".
Old 12-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, its about as useless as that piece of fucking plastic on our drivers seats huh Werloc ??? From what I've learned is that its for a car seat or some shit, I'm glad they have a use for it but I don't think my 31 year old daughter is going to stand for it .....
Old 12-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #12
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

It does get used for my grand daughters car seat....BUT we have put drinks( thermo-bottles) in it on our sno-shoe trips...shoes and accessories fit well in that X-tra cab space,leaving my tool box for "real toys"...

S
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #14
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Useless. Never used mine before.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
so useless i took mine out - it was rubbing a hole in the carpet back there. no to mention that the previous owner did have a soda back there at some point and spilled it. im still soaking up syrup when i shampoo out the truck. eww...
they (previous owner) obviously didnt have much respect for the taco.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #16
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
I keep my change cup back there, to leave room for my cell phone and a drink up front. Gotta love the free coin counter at TD bank. However, it seems like a pointless last minute add on from toyota.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
RebelRider201 has a spectacular aura aboutRebelRider201 has a spectacular aura about

Name: J
RebelRider201's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman101 View Post
yep...that cupholder back there is completely useless, its just another thing to vaccum under when cleaning
I 2nd that, I once used it for a few months as an extra support for my awkward and square speaker box, other than that no-it is pretty much pointless and irrelevant to be equipped there...
Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #18
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's a Child's car-seat platform, you flip it up and the seat sits on it. As stated above...
Old 12-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #19
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumpkinson View Post
I keep my change cup back there, to leave room for my cell phone and a drink up front. Gotta love the free coin counter at TD bank. However, it seems like a pointless last minute add on from toyota.
That's what the ashtray is for. I think I'm going to remove mine.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #20
Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals
Blumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlumpkinson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Blumpkinson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werloc View Post
That's what the ashtray is for. I think I'm going to remove mine.
I have alot of change its a hell of alot easier to just bring a big cup full of change in then empty out the ashtray.