1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KC long-range light system wiring on '03

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RebelRider201, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    RebelRider201

RebelRider201 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    South, AL
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    5% tint, black emblem/grille/etc, 10k hids, Flowmaster super 44, Tuff Country 3", 1700w amp, Kicker L7 12.......and on
    Ok guys, I just ordered a pair of KC 130w long-range driving slimlites from savanahjones.com(great Toyota website btw) and I don't feel a strong urge to write up some extravagant thread only to ask a few simple questions...They are as listed: 1: How difficult/time consuming is it to wire these lights up? 2: I have the best mechanic/technician/electrician for an uncle which will be helping a lot on this project but I'm wondering if anyone already has a write up w/ pics just showing some step-to-step instructions of exactly how to do this with the pre-determined wiring system..........I know a general amount about audio wiring but I am utterly lost on lighting, any help is highly appreciated.

-Thanks

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    MotoXXX

MotoXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    02 Pre-Runner
    Check out the lighting section, lots of info/instal tips there. Took me about three hours, but I ued plastic covers and zip tyed all the wires.

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    smuook

smuook Daily Driver "Plus"

Member:
    First Name:
    Smuook
    Loganville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC V6 PreRunner
    Billy 5100, Satoshi, MBW Wheels, All Pro Front Bumper with 3x PIAA 530, LED dash lighting, other stuff too much to list
    It should come with a schematic. Here's some pics of the key locations I used:

[​IMG]

1. Yellow wire is my power wire that I connected directly to the battery and then to relay

2. Accessory connection is white wire connecting in relay box to outlet relay connection. Power outlet relay is removed per this mod:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/62495-power-outlet-mod.html

Fuses are mounted to the end of the relay box

[​IMG]

Relay location on right side of engine compartment. Switch wiring goes to inside cab through fire wall grommet. Can't see it here, but wiring going to lighting is protected via plastic wire tubing. I just put in a new higher amp relay and I haven't wrapped the wiring yet... gotta get some more electrical tape. Wires are zip tied as well.

[​IMG]

Switch location

4. Dec 4, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    Werloc

Werloc Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Central, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2003 Double Cab 4X4 TRD 3.4 V6
    Wiring connections aren't time cunsuming at all. What makes a difference in time is how "neat" you run your wiring.

5. Jan 14, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    RebelRider201

RebelRider201 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    South, AL
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    5% tint, black emblem/grille/etc, 10k hids, Flowmaster super 44, Tuff Country 3", 1700w amp, Kicker L7 12.......and on
    Thanks for the assistance, my uncle wired the system up in a matter of minutes, I don't even think he looked at the diagram which is odd considering most of the lights he's wired haven't even had relay switches but the install came out nicely and my night-time road vision is almost tripled, I can't imagine the light coming from another set of Slims.....maybe one day, I'll post pics before too long and now I can wire up a set myself so I guess it was good experience/investment.

Products Discussed in

To Top