1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tube steps? suspension?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kylekakac, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Mar 4, 2008 at 8:13 AM
    kylekakac

kylekakac [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma sr5v6 trd
    2 questions:

1. I wanted to put some tube steps on my 04 tacoma xcab. I think this particular brand is only good for the 05 and newer models. Does anyone know of another brand they would recommend and where to purchase?

2. Also, I have a shell on my bed. It seems that the extra weight of the shell makes the back end of my truck "sag" a little bit. It's barely noticeable, but it bugs me. Also, I was thinking of putting some tires even bigger than the ones on my TRD package. Could someone recommend a suspension package and/or lift package? Or would this not even be a good idea?

Obviously, I'm a bit of novice, but I'd appreciate any help.

thanks

2. Mar 4, 2008 at 8:36 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    There's a ton of different types of tube steps available.....different styles, different 'look', and different price ranges.

You're probably gonna need a new set of springs with a slight 'lift' in them to adjust for the additional weight. If you want bigger tires - then you'll want a bigger lift. Again, lots of options.

On this forum - if you look at the blue bar going across the screen - you'll see the *Search*. Click there and type in something like "Tube steps". You can use a variety of words to search for 'em.

Or - use these other forums to search for what others have done.
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/f22 (although, I think it's down now?) and there's always http://www.google.com/

Good Luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top