Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help!! my temp gauge and fuel gauge dont work

Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
tldpro317 is on a distinguished road
tldpro317's Tacoma Gallery
help!! my temp gauge and fuel gauge dont work

Hey, I have a 95 4x4 ext cab sr5 and my fuel gauge and temp gauge dont work, every once in a while the temp gauge will bump up but then it just drops back to zero, the fuel gauge doesnt ever attempt to move, I know it could be the sending unit but wondering if the two are somehow connected. also my cruise wont work, It lights up on the dash but wont take over the speed. any opinions would be great.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Is it an aftermarket cruise control? If so - what make / model?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
One thing the fuel and temp gauges have in common is the ground point. It's located behind the left kick panel. The primary ground wire you're looking for is brown.

Are you having 'issues' with your speedometer and / or tach? Both these items are on the same circuit, so I'm having a hard time figuring out how you'd be getting 'fail' on the temp and fuel gauges alone.

If it's a Toyota cruise control, your cruise control ECU ties into the cluster jointly (co-wired via connector) with the 4WD ECU and the main / engine ECU. I can't figure out how a bad cruise ECU connection could cause the problems you listed without affecting the engine management and the 4WD functions.