Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hey guys, new member with an oil tank problem and motor problem

Old 12-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
hnrajah is on a distinguished road
Name: Harry
hnrajah's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, new member with an oil tank problem and motor problem

My toyota company has said that my oil tank which somehow got a crack which led to oil being leaked out to the point where the truck shuddered to a stop. I brought it into my dealership. I have a a warranty until 2010. They are saying that the motor is messed up and the oil leaked onto the motor which caused the problem which totals up to 5500 dollars in damage and that it has to be replaced. One year ago, I took the truck to a regular garage just to get a simple oil change. They did the oil change. Toyota is now saying that Tread quarter(the garage) put a faulty oil filter even though it was not faulty and the truck has been running fine until last week. They are saying because Tread is at fault that the warranty for my motor is going to be voided. I'm trying to fight this and say Tread didn't have anything to do with this and that the truck's oil pan and motor are just damage from regular wear and tear. I feel this dealership is just trying to get as much money as possible by voiding my warranty. What should I do?

Any suggestions would be wonderful, please.

Thank you,

Harry
Old 12-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
RustyYota is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
RustyYota's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I don't understand. It sounds like your saying the motor got a hole or something in the case or pan, and the truck died due to lack of oil. I prolly am just misunderstanding what you are saying.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Low Speed, High Drag
kevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kevhogaz's Tacoma Gallery
A little more clarity in your post would be very helpful.

What exactly is the damage? Hole in oil pan, or no oil in engine?
Who is the warranty through?
I'm guessing it's not Toyota Extra Care?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
hnrajah is on a distinguished road
Name: Harry
hnrajah's Tacoma Gallery
I'll get the list of diagnostics and then respond. I do not understand it too well either ha.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimig View Post
I dont understand how an oil filter from a year ago could be at fault. Is this filter still on from a year ago?
X2.

Unless the filter became clogged from the inners of the filter coming loose, then I dont see how a filter that has been working fine is at fault.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
RustyYota is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
RustyYota's Tacoma Gallery
Either way that doesnt explain a crack in the pan or case