Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who Has Changed the Color of their Cluster Lights?

Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #21
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I did white leds. It looks sweet.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #22
kg4ghn is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
kg4ghn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to kg4ghn Send a message via Yahoo to kg4ghn
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
I was going to do blue, but white looks pretty good! Now I don't know.
I'd rather not do led, because some of them don't dim, and there are often hot spots.

Do they look a lot better in LED, or is just the color thats better?

anyone know where to get the lights in a normal bulb?
I picked mine up at advance auto parts locally.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #23
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
no advance auto parts in canada,

Andre, pics! please
Old 12-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #24
j_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant future

Name: catdick
j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I did white leds. It looks sweet.
Do you have pics? Post them up if you do please.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #25
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll go snap them right now.

EDIT:
Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #26
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I'll go snap them right now.
thanks man!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #27
BG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the rough

BG04Taco's Tacoma Gallery
nice job where did you get the leds
Old 12-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #28
Greg Graffin 2016

Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #29
Greg Graffin 2016

I got them off a member on here, They are number 194, get the one's with the square top. The round ones don't really work well.
I think that member got them from superbrightleds.com
Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #30
j_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant future

Name: catdick
j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, that made my mind up. I will be doing this.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #31

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
those look awesome in white, I have an 01, so my needle is red, and I was thinking of doing blue... whatchya think?

the center console ones seem to have hot spots eh?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #32
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cyrus View Post
Ok, that made my mind up. I will be doing this.
It's real simple, just plug them in to the base that holds them and screw it into the dash. only hard part is disconnecting the Locker and ect button, and the dimmer knob.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #33
BG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the roughBG04Taco is a jewel in the rough

havent seen blue yet I bet it would be cool
Old 12-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #34

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
here are some blue ones.
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=257
Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 AM   #35

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking I'll do blue with red, as my needles and warning lights are already red, and I'll do the blinkers in red too. how many do I need to do the cluster? and how many for the center dash part? and on the center dash they are #74 right?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #36

Blue is cool. I wonder what blue leds would look like. That is blue sleeves instead of amber over the bulbs which is good enough for me.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #37

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea, I like that there are no hot spots as opposed to led's
Old 12-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #38
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
I'm thinking I'll do blue with red, as my needles and warning lights are already red, and I'll do the blinkers in red too. how many do I need to do the cluster? and how many for the center dash part? and on the center dash they are #74 right?
I don't remember on how much, and the bulbs for the center are 74, I wouldn't do the red ones in the dash white, its not the bulbs that are red its a film over it, going white turns them pink.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #39
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
yea, I like that there are no hot spots as opposed to led's
If you use the square style bulbs you won't get a hot spot using a rounded led will give you a hot spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG04Taco View Post
Blue is cool. I wonder what blue leds would look like. That is blue sleeves instead of amber over the bulbs which is good enough for me.
I think that the blue sleves would make it look white or clear.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:36 AM   #40

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
oh right I forgot, I think I'll make a new decal that's clear instead of the orange film they have over it.