Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fog lights for 99 tacoma

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
j_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant future

Name: catdick
j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights for 99 tacoma

I need some ideas for fog lights for my truck. I got new headlights for Christmas, but I am looking for some more lights I want it to look pretty clean, not hacked up.

This is the truck they're going on:

Do any of you have any mounted in the bumper somehow? Pics please
Old 12-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
j_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant future

j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Put up more pics please.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #5

j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
no one else has pics?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
im gettin some kc 130watt driving lights they have 150,000 candle power i know they arent fogs but they put out alot of light. they ahould be good for you

http://www.amazon.com/KC-122-SlimLit...1373119&sr=8-4
Old 12-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
They will soon be replaced by two new KC Daylighters.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #8

j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Tacoma View Post
im gettin some kc 130watt driving lights they have 150,000 candle power i know they arent fogs but they put out alot of light. they ahould be good for you

http://www.amazon.com/KC-122-SlimLit...1373119&sr=8-4

Are they like another set of headlights? I want something that's going to be BRIGHT, don't know why I said fog lights. I meant driving lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
They will soon be replaced by two new KC Daylighters.

How bright are these?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cyrus View Post
How bright are these?
Pretty bright. There are two different types of Daylighters that I know of which are Driving Lights and Long Range Lights (or something like that). The thing is, you can't use them every time you drive. Especially because if you use them on the road while driving then you can get a ticked because they can obstruct other car's views. Chris4x4 did this on his 1st gen and I think it would work much better for your case. My friend's Ford Ranger has somewhat the same setup too. See them in the bumper?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #10

im sure they are going to be very bright. im putting them on next weekend ill post up some pics. they also make long range kc that put out 300,000 candle light power but they are pencil beams. are you mainly going to use these for the road?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im sure they are going to be very bright. im putting them on next weekend ill post up some pics. they also make long range kc that put out 300,000 candle light power but they are pencil beams. are you mainly going to use these for the road?
My long range ones will be coming on within the next couple weeks and these I will be storing for possible future use. Can't pass up free lights!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux

Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #13

Quote:
My long range ones will be coming on within the next couple weeks and these I will be storing for possible future use. Can't pass up free lights!
i went ahead and got the drving lights cause i wanted to beable to use them on and offraod. i didnt want to get the long range because of the cance of getting a ticket like you said. how you get free lights?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #14

j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I just want them for the road. But I got used to my old Ford's headlights and they were really bright. I am hoping the new headlights I got for x-mas will be much brighter than what I have.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i went ahead and got the drving lights cause i wanted to beable to use them on and offraod. i didnt want to get the long range because of the cance of getting a ticket like you said. how you get free lights?
You can still get ticketed for having driving lights I believe. I'm keeping my driving lights in case in the future I want to get a roll bar or a headache rack to mount them. My cousin gave them to me because he is replacing his current ones with these LEDs. I saw them in person and the are freaking bright!!!

http://www.rigidindustries.com/
Old 12-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cyrus View Post
Yea, I just want them for the road. But I got used to my old Ford's headlights and they were really bright. I am hoping the new headlights I got for x-mas will be much brighter than what I have.
Can't you always also do the HIDs?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #17

j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can't you always also do the HIDs?

I am wanting to do HID's also... Do you think this is overkill?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #18
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on where you live. For most areas around me, there are plenty surrounding lights and therefore I personally would have more than enough light with HIDs. If you want the fog lights too to always use when you drive, I would set it up the way chris4x4 did on his 1st gen which I posted a picture of in a previous post.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #19

Quote:
You can still get ticketed for having driving lights I believe. I'm keeping my driving lights in case in the future I want to get a roll bar or a headache rack to mount them. My cousin gave them to me because he is replacing his current ones with these LEDs. I saw them in person and the are freaking bright!!!

http://www.rigidindustries.com/
hopefuuly i wont be tickted for them. ive heard of a few people doing this also. always wanted to see them in person
Old 12-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #20

j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
I live about 15 miles from town, so it's just pitch black on my way home at night pretty much. I had a close encounter with a deer, that's another reason I am wanting more light.

Products Discussed in this Thread