1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

People just cant drive in the snow....

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Firefighter160, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dec 20, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    Firefighter160

Firefighter160 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Offroad
    Man, what a night Friday night was. Snow and ice covered everything including the black top roads. My fire dept pager didnt stop and the deputies were asking us to clear the roads off any way we could. I stayed out in the Tacoma pulling cars outta the ditches untill 1a.m. then I was just too tired. I noticed that with the truck being light if I was on an incline and trying to pull on someone the truck would slide very easily, other than that I pulled out 3 vehicles myself (bmw, colorado, and crown vic) and a buddy pulled out 11 with his duramax dually. It slid around bad in 2wd but once in 4wd I could go anywhere, and I came to like the automatic hubs, my other yotas had locking hubs and I had to get outta the truck constantly... Just wanted to share and brag on my 4th Tacoma..... Oh and the Uniroyal ATs have got to go I miss my MTZs!

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Glad we don't have to deal with snow here in SoCal.
    Idiots here can't even drive in the rain!

3. Dec 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM
    Justin723

Justin723 Dont judge me

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Phoenix AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD
    Performance- bored .20 over, Doug Thorely Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, and K&N cold air intake. Exterior- Trail Gear Solid Axle Swap, ARB compressor, high pinion 4.88 with ARB locker, 4.88 TRD Locker in the rear. Interior- 2 10inch JL W1 subs, Alpine MRX-V70 amp, Alpine type R SPR 17C 6x6 speaker in the back, Focal 165 VR with crossover tweeter up front, and Weather Tech floor mats.
    I hear you there man im from Oregon so im used to the rain, but out here in Missouri a rain drop hits the roads and people are going 20 under the speedlimit and all over the damn road

4. Dec 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I feel you bro. Sucks when the weather is crappy out. Makes for good overtime though!!!!:D:eek:

5. Dec 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    We hardly get snow in my area..so when it does people don't have the slightest clue how to drive in it. Last March we had a couple of inches of snowfall and me and another fellow spent the evening in our brush truck (old ex-military Chevy diesel) chasing downed power lines and pulling cars out of ditches.

If it snows this winter..I may just put some weight in the bed of the truck and stay in the 'Yota..its got heat!

Products Discussed in

To Top