Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

both headlights go out at same time?

Old 12-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
both headlights go out at same time?

hey today while i was driving both my headlights went out, the high beams still work, but when i turn them on the highbeam illumination doesnt light. i checked the fuses none were blown and the corner lights still work

what could it be, i changed both headlights 1 month ago
Old 12-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
btw they were working in the drive way, but when i got in the country i noticed they werent on after i used my highbeams once
Old 12-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Had that happen to a friend's Dodge Van once (long ago). Never had a good explanation, and finally gave up trying to figure it out. Just put two new headlights in, and went on our way.

Tim Glover
Old 12-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Dont know what that could be, but my highbeam indicator does not work now that I got some HID's. I still have not figured out why.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Dont know what that could be, but my highbeam indicator does not work now that I got some HID's. I still have not figured out why.

i dont even have highbeam with my hid..consider yourself lucky..lol
Old 12-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know why the indicator is not coming on my only guess is the wattage difference? The aftermarket lights use H1 style bulbs so high beams are regular 55w silverstars and the lows are 35w hids. But I realy have no idea.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
My mustang had an issues like that... it was the high/low beam switch. If I even bumped it for the blinkers it would turn the headlights off...
Old 12-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
dad thinks i have a short :-/ but no blown fuses!
Old 12-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
a short will typically blow the fuse, hence its purpose, however as stated above the relay could be bad.

Go buy 1 bulb or borrow one from a buddy to check if it works.

Ryan