Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

looking for aftermarket skid plate to cover radiator after body lift.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
monster taco in the snow
pdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud of

Name: coty
pdxwhiteout's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation looking for aftermarket skid plate to cover radiator after body lift.

can someone please point me to a aftermarket skid plate that will help protect the 3-4 inches of exposed radiator i have since the lift was done. 2004 trd extra cab. pics coming soon.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i cant recall any company with a production run skid plate for body lift trucks...

you can try a fabrication company to build one...

member BeefedTaco is great to deal with and he can make just about anything...
Old 12-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
budbuilts will fit, just get some long nuts n bolts
Old 12-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
or it fits mine atleast, but i have an arb bumper too
Old 12-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
monster taco in the snow
pdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud of

Thumbs up thanks

thanks for the feed back guys. after a couple more days of research im leaning towards the pro comp skid plate of just fabbing one myself. ill post some pics after its done
Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I know this will "wad up some panties" BUT go over to TTORA,click their E-store button,top of the page and call the guy that does theirs...They "List" them for just that...

S
Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
I know this will "wad up some panties" BUT go over to TTORA,click their E-store button,top of the page and call the guy that does theirs...They "List" them for just that...

S
Why would it wad panties? If it is a good vendor and a good product then no panties will be wadded. We don't get all butt hurt when other forums are referenced.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #9
monster taco in the snow

heres one for you guys. i like the procomp skid plate but they say on theyre site it only works with a procomp 6-inch lift(mine is a fabtech 6-inch). does anyone know will it work for me? i think the hole it only works with the procomp lift thing might just be a sales line.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:28 AM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure budbuilt can make one for you as well...
Old 01-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxwhiteout View Post
heres one for you guys. i like the procomp skid plate but they say on theyre site it only works with a procomp 6-inch lift(mine is a fabtech 6-inch). does anyone know will it work for me? i think the hole it only works with the procomp lift thing might just be a sales line.
for the first gen tacos, Pro Comp drop bracket lift is 4" not 6"

plus you have a body lift, so it likely won't line up...
Old 01-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #12
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
im pretty sure budbuilt can make one for you as well...
x2 thats what mine is