Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HiLift Jack and AAL questions

Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
HiLift Jack and AAL questions

So lucky me got a HiLift (48inch) and a pair of AAL's (Fabtech 1.5 inch) for christmas. A few questions:
1) best way to secure the Hilift in the bed?

2) any tips/do/DO NOT DO type things with it? Can I jack directly with the front and/or rear bumper?

3) with a 1.5 inch rear AAL, will I need to lift the front as well? Currently, with brand new OEM rears and a heavy fiberglass cap, the truck sits almost exactly level, maybe even a little high in front. I've got OEM front springs and Bilstein HD's that are a few years old up front. Brand new rear shocks, so thinking of maybe getting a new set of shocks and springs up front anyway.

4) Suggestions on the easiest/cheapest way to go to lift the front to match the 1.5 inch rear?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a stock bumper? if so then the flimsy plastic will not hold anything.. it will crumple, if you dont have bumpers or sliders then the only place to jack from is the reciever hitch.. and if you do that then make sure you put a chock in front of the truck and have it on level ground. so it does not tip to one side.. the back may sit a little higher but with the cap on there it may be fine you will just have to see if you like it after you install it and usually lifting and cheap/easy dont come in the same sentence the bilstien 5100's seem to be alot of peoples choice on quality and performance ive heard alot of good things about them..
Old 12-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^what he said about the high-lift........but you can buy an adapter that will lift from the wheel..then you'd need a jack stand to put under the frame.

as for lift for the front....a set of bilstein 5100's set at the 2nd setting may work pretty well for you..that way all ya gotta buy is the 5100's..use the stock springs.

as for mounting the high-lift...i mounted mine on my tool box.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
im still tryin to figure out where to mount mine since i have roll bars i dont have a tool box any more.. and when i do get one it will be small. i think im gonna mount mine on the bed rail across the top. mine is a 60" though.