1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HiLift Jack and AAL questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kingston73, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Dec 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    So lucky me got a HiLift (48inch) and a pair of AAL's (Fabtech 1.5 inch) for christmas. A few questions:
    1) best way to secure the Hilift in the bed?

2) any tips/do/DO NOT DO type things with it? Can I jack directly with the front and/or rear bumper?

3) with a 1.5 inch rear AAL, will I need to lift the front as well? Currently, with brand new OEM rears and a heavy fiberglass cap, the truck sits almost exactly level, maybe even a little high in front. I've got OEM front springs and Bilstein HD's that are a few years old up front. Brand new rear shocks, so thinking of maybe getting a new set of shocks and springs up front anyway.

4) Suggestions on the easiest/cheapest way to go to lift the front to match the 1.5 inch rear?

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    do you have a stock bumper? if so then the flimsy plastic will not hold anything.. it will crumple, if you dont have bumpers or sliders then the only place to jack from is the reciever hitch.. and if you do that then make sure you put a chock in front of the truck and have it on level ground. so it does not tip to one side.. the back may sit a little higher but with the cap on there it may be fine you will just have to see if you like it after you install it and usually lifting and cheap/easy dont come in the same sentence the bilstien 5100's seem to be alot of peoples choice on quality and performance ive heard alot of good things about them..

3. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    ^^^^what he said about the high-lift........but you can buy an adapter that will lift from the wheel..then you'd need a jack stand to put under the frame.

as for lift for the front....a set of bilstein 5100's set at the 2nd setting may work pretty well for you..that way all ya gotta buy is the 5100's..use the stock springs.

as for mounting the high-lift...i mounted mine on my tool box.

4. Dec 28, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    im still tryin to figure out where to mount mine since i have roll bars i dont have a tool box any more.. and when i do get one it will be small. i think im gonna mount mine on the bed rail across the top. mine is a 60" though.

Products Discussed in

To Top