Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best deal for rock sliders for an 02 Xtra cab?

Old 01-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Best deal for rock sliders for an 02 Xtra cab?

I want rock sliders for my truck. All Pro has them for $400 a set. Does anybody know of a better deal? I want quality but at as low of a cost as I can find.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Im ganna be getting ShrockWorks sliders. I cant remember how much they were, but they a great quality slider. And there are a few Vendors here that you can check out to. like 4xInivations.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
weld on or bolt on?

bolt ons are normally around $100 more because they're ready to go, whereas you might pay $100 to get them welded on.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

My dad has his own welding company so He will be welding them on. I don't want bolt on's because they seem easier to steal and I'd just rather have the shiders perminant.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
i have been looking for some for my 09 and it seems like revenge fab has the cheapest. $200 for weld-ons. You can get them customized however you want them for alittle more. Just shoot them an email and ask.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
if you go with revenge fab sliders, make sure to call ahead and check to see if he's busy. there was a BIG group buy of sliders from him and many people waited months for their sliders and never got them...they're eventually getting their money back but it was a pain for all of them. im not knocking him, just giving the OP a heads up.

Adam at 4xInnovations got me my sliders within 2 weeks. $300 shipped for DOM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
if you go with revenge fab sliders, make sure to call ahead and check to see if he's busy. there was a BIG group buy of sliders from him and many people waited months for their sliders and never got them...they're eventually getting their money back but it was a pain for all of them. im not knocking him, just giving the OP a heads up.

Adam at 4xInnovations got me my sliders within 2 weeks. $300 shipped for DOM.
Yeah i heard something like that happened. I didnt know all the details. Thanks for the assist.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #8

Awesome. Thanks guys. Do you have pics of your sliders?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
shop around local fab shops too

mine were less than $400 for a full custom job

mossyrocks, stubbs, cbi, demello, 4xinno, allpoo, trail gear, shrockworks, wabfab, blueyfab, 4crawler, man-a-fre (may not be avail), built II beat

some i would trust...some im not keen on...
Old 01-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #10
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Check out the local shops/welders.
Had mine done for $290.Including bedliner paint/spray.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
no one likes trailgear? simple, and cheap

http://trail-gear.com/tacoma.html
Old 01-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
personally no...i wouldnt put them on my truck
Old 01-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
personally no...i wouldnt put them on my truck
why not?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #14

I want sliders like tiger's. But his are custom and I can't find anyone who makes them like his.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

sheepdog,

Have you picked up the phone and called any of the "vendors" ???
CBI and BUD BUILT both have great "reps" for dealing DIRECTLY with their customer on products they carry.....E-mail to us is an "easy" thought BUT to be productive....Shops can NOT answer them 24/7 to everyones satisfaction....

Great advice on "Group buys"....Yes ,you might get a great price BUT at what COST???..One on one service makes for GREAT business for both the customer and vendor.....

Good luck with your search and I hope you find/buy what YOU want..bottom line..

S
Old 01-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #16

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Talk to Demello. He's in CA somewhere (I think SoCal, but idk...and idk where you're at in CA) but he's well known for a reason..
Old 01-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #17

Thanks for the advice snoop. I'll get on the phone and call a few shops and see what I can put together.

Another thing I was thinking about, was to get a set of the cheaper sliders from revenge fab, or someone that has them for cheap, and taking them to a shop and getting a hoop like tiger put on... That a good idea?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #18
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I would think that would be a "slap" to any good shop...

Make your calls and be VERY specific to what you would "Like",then listen to what the vendor has to sell....I would almost "Bet" that Demello,CBI or any of the "Builders" would rather spend an extra 15-30 minutes with a customer to get a product built that you the buyer is happy with at a good price.......Best advertisment is someone who PLASTERS these forums with pix of their TOY with your product mounted to it ..

Again good luck and when you do get them on.....post those pix

S