Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has a Step Side Tacoma????

Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Who has a Step Side Tacoma????

I used to have one, and I miss it all the time. I had the TRD Super charger on it, DD touch screen DVD player, and I loved it. I ended up trading it off for my first Infiniti G35 coupe. I wish I still had it. Also, I never realized how few Tacoma's have the painted bumpers, grill and flares until I got rid of it.

So who has a Step Side??? Post up some pics!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
oh my GOD!!! I think I just found my old Tacoma... That IS my old truck... the cut in the timing belt cover for the TRD supercharger... the bed cover that I had to special order.... and low and behold... the cigarette burn I put on the driver door panel when I went to open the door with a lit cig in my hand...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...#ht_500wt_1113
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimig View Post
Here's my 2.7 5 speed. Had it since October of '02 fresh off the lot.
If you ever go to sell it... look me up.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
oh my GOD!!! I think I just found my old Tacoma... That IS my old truck... the cut in the timing belt cover for the TRD supercharger... the bed cover that I had to special order.... and low and behold... the cigarette burn I put on the driver door panel when I went to open the door with a lit cig in my hand...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...#ht_500wt_1113
That's always cool. I saw one of our old Suburbans in a parking lot once.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
numic is on a distinguished road

numic's Tacoma Gallery

Reg cab...silver...for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Who has a Step Side Tacoma????-dsc00749.jpg   Who has a Step Side Tacoma????-dsc00767.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
RockyTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Dojo
RockyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have 02 TRD stepside,,i named it black knight
Old 12-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
I do. Don't have any pics at the moment. maybe i can post some up tomorrow
Old 12-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
I used to have one, and I miss it all the time. I had the TRD Super charger on it, DD touch screen DVD player, and I loved it. I ended up trading it off for my first Infiniti G35 coupe. I wish I still had it. Also, I never realized how few Tacoma's have the painted bumpers, grill and flares until I got rid of it.

So who has a Step Side??? Post up some pics!!!

Nice! red, although it's dark red, manual trans with v6, AND 4x4?! SCORE! FTW
Old 12-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #10
ak47dennis is on a distinguished road

Name: dennis
ak47dennis's Tacoma Gallery
I like the step side look, I have yet to see the taco version in person. Are these beds metal?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #11
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Never had one, but they look pretty good in a stepside variety.

Those Tundra stepsides are god-aweful ugly!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...a-StepSide.jpg
Makes me wonder what Toyota was smoking when they made those.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
hkdontoyotas is on a distinguished road
hkdontoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
The Tacoma stepside model is cool looking in my opinion. I wish they were still available.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
FishinTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: D'Arcy
FishinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My 02' TRD was born a stepside, but I've done the swap. I've got the bed for sale if anybody wants it! (But you'd have to come up to Sudbury Ontario to get it...lol).

Here are some picks, before after, love the look of the stepside on taco's, but needed the room and canopy/roof racks for it.

Who has a Step Side Tacoma????-cropped.jpg

Who has a Step Side Tacoma????-after.jpg

Who has a Step Side Tacoma????-dsc01406.jpg
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #15

Here's one for sale.... Pretty sweet looking, Red, reg cab stepside.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Ta...howcpo=ShowCPO

Dennis, the beds are metal.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
i've got an 02 siver stepside

fishin, how hard was the swap? what all did you need? bed, bumper, and i've heard you need the gas tank neck?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
ak47dennis is on a distinguished road

Name: dennis
ak47dennis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinTaco View Post
My 02' TRD was born a stepside, but I've done the swap. I've got the bed for sale if anybody wants it! (But you'd have to come up to Sudbury Ontario to get it...lol).

Here are some picks, before after, love the look of the stepside on taco's, but needed the room and canopy/roof racks for it.

Attachment 182911

Attachment 182912

Attachment 182913
Both look good, ever notice at a quick glance they look like a ranger.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47dennis View Post
Both look good, ever notice at a quick glance they look like a ranger.
Had a good laugh...thanks I needed it this am, lol.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #19

Hey Vantaco, same vantaco chatting about frame issues? If you end up getting a frame swap this is real easy for you. When you bring your truck in for a new frame (if this happens) just bring along a new box. They have to take it off anyway, so them swapping it is not a big deal. Someone here on TW did this.

Not trying to highjack, so I'll throw up a new thread about the box swap. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...tside-bed.html

Still think the Taco is the best looking stepside around though, man those tundra's are horrible looking...damn!

DC
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
vantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nicevantaco is just really nice
vantaco's Tacoma Gallery
saw the link, great write up