Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hard shifting tranny

Old 01-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
77celi is on a distinguished road
77celi's Tacoma Gallery
Hard shifting tranny

I have a 95 tacoma for about 3 weeks now my tranny has been hard going into gear, it is really hard going into first. I changed the fluid last Sunday. Checked the fluid level tonight all good. I had one of my friends drive it he thinks it's not the clutch.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Well let me ask you, when you disengage the clutch (push in) & put into gear does the clutch engage (when letting the pedal out ) release close to the floor or does it release close to the top of the pedal (pedal almost all the way out ) Hope I explained that right !! lol , also does it feel spongy or tight ?....
Old 01-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
77celi is on a distinguished road
77celi's Tacoma Gallery
The clutch grabs about in the middle I just adjusted it. The petal is tight.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
its not uncommon to be tough to put it into first. there is another thread right below this that explains it a lot better than i can so i would look at that
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77celi View Post
The clutch grabs about in the middle I just adjusted it. The petal is tight.
A good clutch starts to release close to the floor, & by adjusting I'm assuming you are talking about pedal play at the top, should be about an inch.........

Also, if its releasing in the middle & the pedal is tight (no free play at the top, I'd try bleeding it once & check pedal for free play then before making any other adjustments,but depending on mileage on clutch it may be time to start thinking about replacement if it starts slipping