Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help with Hood Release!!!!! Please

Old 01-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Help with Hood Release!!!!! Please

I was attempting to install some fog lights yesterday and managed to mess up the hood release in the process (I think by pulling off the piece of the dash that holds it) There's about 2-3 inches of wire sticking out with a piece of metal at the end. The metal piece is supposed to slide into the piece that you pull right? I can't get it to go back in. When I pull the wire should the hood pop even if it's not hooked to the release latch? If so then I've really messed up. Can anybody help me? I can't get my hood open right now and that doesn't give me a good feeling driving down the road. Is there a way to open the hood without using the release in the cab?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
is the cable connected to the latch under the hood?if so just grab the cable with a pair of pliars and pull
Old 01-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
I was attempting to install some fog lights yesterday and managed to mess up the hood release in the process (I think by pulling off the piece of the dash that holds it) There's about 2-3 inches of wire sticking out with a piece of metal at the end. The metal piece is supposed to slide into the piece that you pull right? I can't get it to go back in. When I pull the wire should the hood pop even if it's not hooked to the release latch? If so then I've really messed up. Can anybody help me? I can't get my hood open right now and that doesn't give me a good feeling driving down the road. Is there a way to open the hood without using the release in the cab?
This happened to me, I guess I hit it when engaging the parking brake. If I would pull the cable the hood would pop but then I connected it and it helped. Check if it's caught up on something