1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with Hood Release!!!!! Please

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by CUtigerfan, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Jan 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I was attempting to install some fog lights yesterday and managed to mess up the hood release in the process (I think by pulling off the piece of the dash that holds it) There's about 2-3 inches of wire sticking out with a piece of metal at the end. The metal piece is supposed to slide into the piece that you pull right? I can't get it to go back in. When I pull the wire should the hood pop even if it's not hooked to the release latch? If so then I've really messed up. Can anybody help me? I can't get my hood open right now and that doesn't give me a good feeling driving down the road. Is there a way to open the hood without using the release in the cab?

2. Jan 15, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    is the cable connected to the latch under the hood?if so just grab the cable with a pair of pliars and pull

3. Jan 15, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    This happened to me, I guess I hit it when engaging the parking brake. If I would pull the cable the hood would pop but then I connected it and it helped. Check if it's caught up on something

Products Discussed in

To Top