1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Well, its clutch time. Who's got the best?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Taco95, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Mar 21, 2008 at 5:49 PM
    Taco95

Taco95 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    the clutch is about shot, its getting easier and easier to push in every day, if im going to do a clutch i want to atleast upgrade over stock. So my question for you guys, which one is the best? I don't need any stage 5 top of the line street racer clutch, i mean its a tacoma come on, but i do want an upgrade over stock.

Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190206966303

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...219371990QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160219371990

The two best i could find? Personally the XTD looks like the best bet?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    I would bet just about any aftermarket clutch will work fine for ya. The only name that comes to mind to me is Centerforce, also the only one I`ve ever used...worked great too.( two mid `80s Toyota Trucks and a `69 Chevy).

3. Mar 22, 2008 at 11:04 AM
    95tojo

95tojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    So IL
    Vehicle:
    '19 Cement Grey TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
    i got a remanufacture TRD clutch for my truck . . . . my stock went out at 90k (had a lady driver before me when i picked it up at 87k :p) and now i have almost 221k so there are plenty of miles on it and no signs of slippage

4. Mar 23, 2008 at 9:15 AM
    RIO5.0

RIO5.0 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    How many miles does your stock on have on it??
    Did you check to see your slave cylinder isn't junk, leaking or just low on fliud making your clutch feel go South??? Is it slipping or stink like burnt or bad clutch??

Sometimes OEM is best in my expierences... You may change and find the pedal feels is harder or different, chatter or such and then go W.T.F. !!!! I would assume your doing the pressure plate,TO bearing, pilot shaft bearing, slave cyl while your at it and have it apart??

Been there done that to many times...specially on OEM struts or shocks to get the same ride quality... Monroe or the like is cheese compared to OEM and usually are junk within a year or so...:mad:

5. Mar 23, 2008 at 2:47 PM
    Taco95

Taco95 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    i didnt check the slave cylinder, but the clutch is very easy to push now its got 144700 miles on it so im willing to bet it may be the stock clutch.

i personally wanted the aftermarket clutch feel, i wanted it to be harder to push in than stock with a little bit more heavy duty so if i ever did need to beat my truck i know the clutch would hold up.

Products Discussed in

To Top