Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

disable DRL's

Old 05-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
protoadies is on a distinguished road

protoadies's Tacoma Gallery
I snipped the wire, just as posted by others. now no more drl and I'm so much happier.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #22
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery

This should assist some
Old 12-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I am also trying to disable to daytime running lights as well. Though I am not going to be cutting any wires, instead I'm going to disconnect the pin from the plug itself. Does anyone know where I can get the "special" tool that releases the pins from the plugs?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #24
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dka View Post
here is a pic ohh and i tried pulling the fuse it jus turned my headlights off all togther
So you cut the wire with the green stripe?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #25
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Wait, what? Why do some of you have DRL? Was that part of a certain package or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I am also trying to disable to daytime running lights as well. Though I am not going to be cutting any wires, instead I'm going to disconnect the pin from the plug itself. Does anyone know where I can get the "special" tool that releases the pins from the plugs?
A very small flathead screwdriver should work. Like from a jewelers set.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #26
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Niiiice

Great post. Easy to follow. It took me about six and a half seconds to disable my DRL. Thanks guys!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, never knew 1st gens ever came with DRL's.... Neither of my Tacomas have had it.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
my 2000 has drl. Gonna do the disable this weekend with some other maintenance. HATE drl

2000 Tacoma TRD Offroad
3.4l V6
5 speed
SR5
Tow package

Those are the options so if I have an option you dont there you go
Old 04-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
my 2000 has drl. Gonna do the disable this weekend with some other maintenance. HATE drl

2000 Tacoma TRD Offroad
3.4l V6
5 speed
SR5
Tow package

I have every option you do, except mine is an automatic.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #30
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
I have them. My headlights are on whenever the truck is running, unless the e-brake is on
Old 04-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #31

The more I look, the more it seems that the option came with the manual trans Tacoma only...
Old 04-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #32
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

2000 Tacoma TRD Offroad
3.4l V6
5 speed
SR5
Tow package

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
The more I look, the more it seems that the option came with the manual trans Tacoma only...
Mine is an '04 manual trans with those exact same options minus the tow package and I don't have DRL.
Maybe it's just another random thing like some people having push button 4wd vs J shift. Seems odd though being a safety feature.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #33
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a '04 Double Cab (all DC's 01-04 only come auto) and mine has DRL's equipped.

The DRL implementation on our 1st gens is pretty lame. It's really just the dimming of your headlights. With this in mind, I think we ALL have DRLs, but they are all just in the off postion during the day for those that don't have them.

My current plan is to disable my DRL feature using this mod AND THEN do the switchback mod to turn my signal lights to LED DRL's. I also plan to add a switch to the running lights of the switchback to completely control them.

In regards to when the DRL implementation all started with our 1st gens, here's what I dug up on the TW buyers guide sticky:
"2000 Toyota Tacoma: Intermittent windshield wipers became standard, and models with ABS now had daytime running lights."
Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
Rookie7 is a jewel in the roughRookie7 is a jewel in the roughRookie7 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon Naccarato
Rookie7's Tacoma Gallery
How do you disable dtrl on 2000 taco?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #35
sull625 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I was wondering if this could be done. Will be doing this ASAP.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #36
Rookie7 is a jewel in the roughRookie7 is a jewel in the roughRookie7 is a jewel in the rough
Rookie7's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2000 but there is no white wire with a green stripe? Can someone please help.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #37
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
for the 2k model you dont have to do any cutting or anything fancy. open your hood, and on the drivers side between the fender and the battery is a plug going into a heatsink looking thing. disconnect this plug and you have eliminated your drl. if you want them back just reconnect the plug.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
Rookie7's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok. Thanks man that really helped
Old 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #39
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for the 2k model you dont have to do any cutting or anything fancy. open your hood, and on the drivers side between the fender and the battery is a plug going into a heatsink looking thing. disconnect this plug and you have eliminated your drl. if you want them back just reconnect the plug.
I have an 04 and i have this plug. I disconnected it but nothing happened. Connected that sucker right back before messing anything up..lol

I'm going to try and disable mine today. Dont like DRL's
Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #40
sull625 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
I did this mod but was able to remove the pin from the plug rather than cut the wire. Works great had no ill effects on anything else.