LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mounting Hi Lift Jack in Regular cab Tacoma

Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
tnclimber is on a distinguished road
tnclimber's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting Hi Lift Jack in Regular cab Tacoma

I was having problems finding an place to put my new Hi Lift Jack. I have regular cab Tacoma with a bench seat. Here is a good solution if you want to keep it out of the way instead of mounting it outside the vehicle or in the bed. The bracket I screwed the bolts into were already there in a stock Tacoma. Just buy the bolts and washers and screw them in.

The screw holes in the bracket behind the seat are Metric 6. I have the seat all the way back and it does not cause an issue with hitting the jack.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sort of off topic, but I see you have a bazooka. How big is it and how do you like it?
Old 01-23-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
Bazooka is a 6 inch 150 watt with amp built in. I have a sub controller attached as well that runs under the seat and mounts onto the console. I ordered the 8 inch to start but it was to big and I had to return it. The 6 inch is great for the space I have in a regular cab truck. I have friends that have 2000 dollar systems that think this sub sound nearly as good as theirs but for a fraction of the cost and effort to install.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 04 access cab and I am considering mounting it in the back. I could take it out and put it in the bed if I ever need the back seats
Old 01-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks and the jack looks great. Was it always bare metal back there or was there some type of upholstery on it before?
Old 01-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
Mine was all metal. I guess they could put upholstery. I wondered why they bolt holes were there. I just didnt want to mount it to my bumper and I dont have space in the bed. I travel and sleep in the back alot. I need the space for supplies.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
Oh, If you want to do this with the bolts that I have. I ordered them from McMaster.com. They were hard to find.