1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

$500 to install jba headers 3.4L 2002

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Prerunner02, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Mar 26, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    Prerunner02

Prerunner02 [OP] Member

Member:
    Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner 3.4L 2X4 TRD
    Current: AEM cold air intake Hard Tonneu Cover Drilled Front Rotors Flomaster air intake insert HID Conversion Soon: JBA Ceramic Headers Cat Back Exhaust
    Hey Guys,

Yesterday I received the JBA headers I ordered from URD and the MAF calibrator. Today I had the headers installed and cost me over $500 to have them put in. They had to lift the engine a little, cut and weld some pieces. I'm hoping it will be worth the $500 for the headers $95 for brokerage and the $500 to install!! :eek: I never thought it would add up to that much, and I've only just begun. Rims and supercharger are next on the list :D

I actually haven't even got my truck back yet I will pick it up tomorow and let you guys know how it sounds/preforms and get some pics up. I will shortly be getting a cat back exhaust. I will try to get some sound bites on if I can figure out how to get sound on the internet.

Easy

2. Mar 27, 2008 at 5:39 PM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    man you really need to have some friends help you spin a wrench.. not saying I dont understand having it done by a shop...just those bucks add up real quick with shop's $70 an hour added in...sweet looking truck btw

3. Mar 27, 2008 at 7:39 PM
    Prerunner02

Prerunner02 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Current: AEM cold air intake Hard Tonneu Cover Drilled Front Rotors Flomaster air intake insert HID Conversion Soon: JBA Ceramic Headers Cat Back Exhaust
    Hey man thanks I will get some new photos up shortly. The guys I went to are pretty damn good but these headers were poorly designed bad R and D as they said? There were cuts needed and welding. Lifted the engine. The bolts wouldn't even flush against the flanges because of the welding. They did alot of work. Me and none of my friends could have done it in that amount of time. I'm really happy with the results great sound and definatly an increase in torque. I will have to see how the URD MAF calibrator helps with the mods Your Truck is also fuckin badass.

4. Mar 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM
    350TacoZilla

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    hmmm I had trd headers on my 97 tacoma V6 and they bolted right up...hardest part was fishing them down into the engine bay LOL one had to go up from bottom other had to come in from top ... maybe they moved a few things on the 02's...also I added full trd exhaust at same time so ALL the old stuff was already removed

5. Mar 29, 2008 at 10:37 AM
    Prerunner02

Prerunner02 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That must have sounded nice. They had to move the TV cable. and the transmission dip stick permanently.

BTW do you have any videos of your 350 taco thats nuckin futs.

6. Mar 29, 2008 at 5:47 PM
    350TacoZilla

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    lol no no vids sorry I'm not what you would call a techno guy LOL... my only camcorder is a vhs one the size of the newscaster's LOL but i should mention my 97 was manual...so theres a big difference right off the bat

Products Discussed in

To Top