Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Replacement Grilles?

Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
sovereign is on a distinguished road
sovereign's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Replacement Grilles?

Anyone buy an aftermarket grille on Ebay? The grille on my truck was originally that bogus chrome finish which I painted black, however, it is a pain to keep up with the paint chipping all the time. I have a Grillcraft on the way, and I am considering just buying a black one to use for the install. There are some reasonably priced ones on ebay from a reputable seller. Anyone have experience with replacement grilles?

2002 TOYOTA TACOMA EXT CAB 3.4 4X4 AUTO TRD
SAW 2.5LT COs w/700# coils, Camburg UCAs, Alcan 8 leaf rear, Bilstein 5125, Tundra brake mod, ARB Front Bumper, CBI rear bumper/sliders, ARE topper w/Windoors, AR Chambers 16X8, BFG AT/KO 265/75/16, Hayden 679, Scangauge II, Gray Wire Mod, Deckplate mod, @ 60k miles
Old 01-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
shockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to allshockittillyareconizeit is a name known to all
Name: Dustin
shockittillyareconizeit's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think that would be a problem. I buy alot of stuff from ebay and craigslist and i only go with the sellers that have good reviews and i haven't been dissapointed yet. I think as long as you stay with the good sellers you'll be fine. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Good question. I have asked questions in several areas of this forum about aftermarket grilles and got little response. I saw the billet style grilles from Foryar, a company out of Michigan, with very reasonable prices. Still looking for someone who has purchased any of their products.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
The grill I am looking at is just an OEM type replacement. Is it allowed to post links to ebay ads here?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yes you can......I know you have a 1st Gen Taco, but here is the link for the retailer I was considering in Michigan.........

Here's the link: http://www.foryar.com/fy/store/scrip...?idCategory=60
Old 01-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
This is the grille: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

If it is decent it seems like a good price?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
This is the grille: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

If it is decent it seems like a good price?
Bought a Black grill for my 2000 from them. Great to deal with and it's priced right. Can't beat it....