LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nice offer...but no

Old 01-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
Nice offer...but no

So today I pulled in to the hardware store and as I was parking some random guy stops and watches me park. The day before I had just cleaned it and it was incredibly clean. When I got out he grabbed the hardware store door for me and asked if I would trade my truck for his 2010 Tacoma. He was legit. He said he had the title and everything. I thought about it for a minute and if I was smart I would have taken the deal but I told him no. He tried to offer it again, but again I declined. I think I like my truck with 150,000 miles on it better than a brand new 2nd gen.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
You blew it. Oh well. I hope you really, really like your truck. You may be thinking about that deal for a while.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
either way, you did what made you happy.

thats all that matters.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
That would have been a good trade!!!! You should have done it....but then again the 2nd gens seem to have a lot of problems
Old 01-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice. Refer here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...co-banner.html

1st gen wins again
Old 01-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
you have better luck than me. I always run in to the strange man who tries to lure me into his his windowless van with the promise of there being candy inside.
....put the lotion in the basket!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a scam to me, he probably had a bomb strapped to the bottom or he stole everything =P
Old 01-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Its all about business brother. Money talks.. Personally, I would have taken the deal, no matter how much I liked my truck. If it was a legitimate trade and nothing major was wrong with his truck, with somewhat low miles, you really lost out on this particular opportunity.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
you are retarded. yes the 1st gens are 100 times better but like trdboy said.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #12
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
DUUUDE! It's a tough story to believe, but assuming you're serious... You could have swapped, re-purchased a truck just like yours, and had like $10k sitting in your bank account.

I'm all for loving my truck, but if somebody offers me a brand new Tundra for it today, I'm accepting... then selling, re-buying, and banking the difference.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
04YodaTaco will become famous soon enough
04YodaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of the financial implications here I understand tacoman101's thinking. I bought my truck a few years ago and could have had a second gen. There were several in my price range that I considered. I decided a first gen. was more the type of truck I was looking for and found one in the last model year with low miles. Just recently broke 50k on the odometer
Old 01-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04YodaTaco View Post
Regardless of the financial implications here I understand tacoman101's thinking. I bought my truck a few years ago and could have had a second gen. There were several in my price range that I considered. I decided a first gen. was more the type of truck I was looking for and found one in the last model year with low miles. Just recently broke 50k on the odometer
Nobody's saying he has to like a 2nd gen over a 1st gen... he could have re-purchased a similar 1st gen to what he has and had some cash-money in the bank.

If somebody came up to you in your 1st gen and said, "Do you want $10k?" would you say no?
Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Special Ops Combat Controller
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to KraQr
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04YodaTaco View Post

Your avatar looks like the Family Guy.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #16
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
tell that guy i'll trade him mine
Old 01-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Nobody's saying he has to like a 2nd gen over a 1st gen... he could have re-purchased a similar 1st gen to what he has and had some cash-money in the bank.
Thats why I started my post with "regardless of the financial implications". I understand what you are saying and you are right. I would have taken the money and found another first gen. I was just commenting on that I understand his thinking in not wanting to give up his truck despite the money.

Quote:
If somebody came up to you in your 1st gen and said, "Do you want $10k?" would you say no?
Yes I would because my truck is worth around that amount
Old 01-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post
Your avatar looks like the Family Guy.
Yes that is the real life Peter Griffin's yearbook picture lol.