1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wiring fog lights

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bill-e-boy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Feb 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    bill-e-boy

bill-e-boy [OP] new and improved

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    florence
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab lifted pre-Runner
    added factory roof rack, factory skid plate, removed cheesy running boards, built a pvc bike rack, added interior floor lighting, added decal plate under rear window, added sylvania silverstars, installed toytec ultimate 3" lift, added hella optilux yellow fog lights, added orange park lights to the turn signals, new 265/75/16 goodyear duratracs tires and raceline rockcrusher 16" wheels
    I'm wiring my fog lights...going by the instructions on the "wiring after market lights" on the mods and tutorial section.

for those of you that ran add-a-fuses from the fuse box to the on/off switch...which fuse slot did you use...upper left?

can I use one of the other two blanks? both read 14.2 with my voltmeter with the truck on...is that ok?

my truck 04 prerunner

thanks

2. Feb 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    bill-e-boy

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    florence
    Vehicle:
    added factory roof rack, factory skid plate, removed cheesy running boards, built a pvc bike rack, added interior floor lighting, added decal plate under rear window, added sylvania silverstars, installed toytec ultimate 3" lift, added hella optilux yellow fog lights, added orange park lights to the turn signals, new 265/75/16 goodyear duratracs tires and raceline rockcrusher 16" wheels
    anybody????????

any help??????

3. Feb 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    I picked the stop light fuse. I wanted something, that in case the fuse my Add-a-fuse was tied to blew, it wouldn't stop me in the street. Are you just using this power through your switch to control a relay, I hope?

4. Feb 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    bill-e-boy

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    florence
    Vehicle:
    yes i'm using power from the fuse box to the switch to the relay - I'm foloowing directions from the kit and from the "wiring after market lights" on the mods and tutorial section.

I was gonna use the blank on the fuse box ...my voltmeter said 14 volts with the ignition on.

Products Discussed in

To Top