1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Strange squeaky sound from clutch pedal

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Mrtacoman300, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Feb 1, 2010 at 10:40 PM
    Mrtacoman300

Mrtacoman300 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MAX
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5 TRD 5-speed
    35s, 6 inch fabtech, k & N cold air intake, custom grill, snugtop camper shell
    Hi guys,

I recently just purchased my taco second hand. Ever since I've got it, when i depress the clutch pedal or release it, it makes a strange squeaky sound. Is this an easy job for some DW-40 or is it more complicated than that.

Thanks!

2. Feb 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    The squeak is most likely coming from inside the large rubber boot (the one the pink marking is pointing to). Get a can of White Lithium Grease ($3 at Advance Auto Parts) and spray it inside there. I took the boot off and sprayed the hell out of everything. It hasn't squeaked in six weeks.

[​IMG]

3. Feb 1, 2010 at 10:52 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    yea the throwout bearing is right inside there. Mine squeeked like hell before I did my clutch job, and now after it just chirps when the pedal is fully released. I need to try to grease it but It said on the directions for the clutch kit not to get any lubricant on the throwout bearing so iv been reluctant

4. Feb 2, 2010 at 4:43 AM
    lowedawg20

lowedawg20 Member

Member:
    east tx
    Vehicle:
    00' sr5
    I have an 00' that does the same thing. Let me know if you find a way to fix it.

5. Feb 2, 2010 at 4:48 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    On the actuall clutch pedal assembly there is supposed to be a little plastic bushing the goes in one of the pivot points ( not exactly sure as I cannot go out to look at the moment) But the bushing wears down to nothing with time, and you get a Metal on Metal squeek. Put some lithium grease on all of the hinge points and it should go away.

Products Discussed in

To Top