1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brown interior\ Black Exterior

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by markveneris, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Feb 7, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    markveneris

markveneris [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    germany
    All right,
    I just bought my frist Taco, 2003 TRD extra cab V6 Manual. I am happy as hell with it, however, what was Toyota thinking a black exterior and they put in a brown interior???
    I have done some research but cannot find a one stop shop for what i want.
    Does anyone know where to order a entire interior that i can swap out? I am running on the assumtion that there isnt anything because it is a crazy request.

2. Feb 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    The brown ('oak') and gray ('charcoal') interior color / trim schemes were available on all 2001 - 2004 Tacomas, with the single exception that oak was not available with the silver (Lunar Mist) exterior color. Black Sand Pearl Tacomas with the oak interior are fairly common.

In the long run the most straightforward (and probably cheapest) strategy would be to locate a junked 2001 - 2004 XtraCab with the charcoal interior and do a full swap-out.

Painting, dyeing, fiberglassing, overlays, and reupholstery have also been used for interior color changes. Overall, the results can be mixed and the cost (in combined money and effort) can get quite high.

Products Discussed in

To Top