Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brown interior\ Black Exterior

Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
markveneris is a jewel in the roughmarkveneris is a jewel in the roughmarkveneris is a jewel in the roughmarkveneris is a jewel in the rough
Marines:
Name: mark
markveneris's Tacoma Gallery
Brown interior\ Black Exterior

All right,
I just bought my frist Taco, 2003 TRD extra cab V6 Manual. I am happy as hell with it, however, what was Toyota thinking a black exterior and they put in a brown interior???
I have done some research but cannot find a one stop shop for what i want.
Does anyone know where to order a entire interior that i can swap out? I am running on the assumtion that there isnt anything because it is a crazy request.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The brown ('oak') and gray ('charcoal') interior color / trim schemes were available on all 2001 - 2004 Tacomas, with the single exception that oak was not available with the silver (Lunar Mist) exterior color. Black Sand Pearl Tacomas with the oak interior are fairly common.

In the long run the most straightforward (and probably cheapest) strategy would be to locate a junked 2001 - 2004 XtraCab with the charcoal interior and do a full swap-out.

Painting, dyeing, fiberglassing, overlays, and reupholstery have also been used for interior color changes. Overall, the results can be mixed and the cost (in combined money and effort) can get quite high.