Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

leaking water pump........

Old 02-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
leaking water pump........

truck has been parked in the garage since friday evening......and only cranked up for a few minutes saturday after i installed my new o2 sensor.

go out a lil while ago to clean up and pull truck out,and a small puddle of coolant is on the ground, then i looked and took this pic.

dammit!!! the leaks on this thing are getting ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh........and im only at 64k miles.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
hate to hear it man :/ check your hose clamps though, mine lost their elasticity and will leak when it gets cold like it has been recently
Old 02-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
that SUCKS

does that mean we'll be changing 2 water pumps?
Old 02-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
hate to hear it man :/ check your hose clamps though, mine lost their elasticity and will leak when it gets cold like it has been recently
im gonna take a look at them and see if thats the case.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
that SUCKS

does that mean we'll be changing 2 water pumps?
not sure man.....im gonna go ahead and try to fix mine.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
not sure man.....im gonna go ahead and try to fix mine.
other than that it could just be the seal wearing out cause of age, still sucks though
Old 02-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #8

im thinking i may as well go ahead and change my timing belt when im in there too.

looking on rockauto and ebay....cant figure out what i wanna get.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
im thinking i may as well go ahead and change my timing belt when im in there too.

looking on rockauto and ebay....cant figure out what i wanna get.
would be best seeing how its in aproximately the same location plus you only got bout 20k more miles till that needs replacing too
Old 02-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
would be best seeing how its in aproximately the same location plus you only got bout 20k more miles till that needs replacing too
yeah.......im gonna replace the timing belt/water pump/thermostat and whatever else needs to be replaced. gotta figure the best place to get the stuff tho. i wonder if the ebay kits are worth a crap?????
Old 02-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah.......im gonna replace the timing belt/water pump/thermostat and whatever else needs to be replaced. gotta figure the best place to get the stuff tho. i wonder if the ebay kits are worth a crap?????
I got everything from my local NAPA store. They carry gates belts and some other brand of water pump that I cant remember, but its NAPA so its probably quality. I have about 2000 miles on my stuff so far. All you really need is the pump, thermostat, belt, and some black permatex sealant for the pump.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Quote:
i got mine from the stealership didnt wanna risk getting crap parts

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...oem-parts.html

check them out?
Old 02-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM'ed
Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #14
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
mine started leaking this past fall at 33k. took it in and i was lucky as hell because i only had 2 week left on my factory warranty. although i only had 33k on it, i went ahead and had them put new belt on so that way i wouldn't have to pay for the labor in a couple years. good luck Will!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The water pump on my 05 went out at 69k. Was still covered by extended warranty that came with it as "certified."
Old 02-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
PM'ed
got it...thanks brotha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
mine started leaking this past fall at 33k. took it in and i was lucky as hell because i only had 2 week left on my factory warranty. although i only had 33k on it, i went ahead and had them put new belt on so that way i wouldn't have to pay for the labor in a couple years. good luck Will!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
The water pump on my 05 went out at 69k. Was still covered by extended warranty that came with it as "certified."
well....i thought about trying the stealer on the matter...cause i do have an extended warranty, but im gonna go ahead and guess that they will say it aint covered.....they wouldnt replace my front o2 sensor under toyotas emissions warranty....so i figure they aint gonna do this either.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #17
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
im at about 65K in my 05 tacoma hope i dont need to change or have anything happen to my water pump!!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well....i thought about trying the stealer on the matter...cause i do have an extended warranty, but im gonna go ahead and guess that they will say it aint covered.....they wouldnt replace my front o2 sensor under toyotas emissions warranty....so i figure they aint gonna do this either.
cant hurt to ask
Old 02-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
cant hurt to ask
yeah....i'll call tomorrow, but i already know the outcome.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #20
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
O2 sensor isn't drivetrain

Water pump is "internal" so it was covered, they didn't say anything about my intake or exhaust.

Definitely call them and ask the service manager if it's covered.

If you still have your extended warranty papers, it'll say what is and what isn't covered.