Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lifts

Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
houndsmen is on a distinguished road
houndsmen's Tacoma Gallery
lifts

ok so i have 2.5 coil spacer with diff drops.
i need new coils i just put a bumper on my truck so it sags a little in the front due to the weight....
any ideas of what i could do or add to the front to pick it up?
im looking at the coilover lifts from king. the adjustable ones but does that mean i have to take off my spacers and diff drops.
they are up in price as well!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
OME 886 coils up front should fix the sag...I think there like 180 bucks or less.

Edit: Heres a link...assuming you have a 2nd gen.

http://eastsidecustomtruck.com/i-182...ls-toytec.html
Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thats a lifting coil to I beleive so you'd wanna set your Billy 5100s at a lower setting...maybe like .75 or something
Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Year of you truck?? What you are looking to spend?? You trying to fit larger tires or just a little bit of lift??
He's looking to eliminate the front sag due to the new front bumper...the 886s would work right?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
OME coils have always been known to sag on the 1st gen tacos...

if within financial reach, go for the Kings like you initially said... you can always crank the coils up when need be, and you can revalve them as needed to soften/stiffen the ride....
Old 02-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
lifts

it is a 2001 four door... so if i add the kings would i have to take off the coil spacers?

Thanx for the help guys
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndsmen View Post
it is a 2001 four door... so if i add the kings would i have to take off the coil spacers?

Thanx for the help guys
yes, you would take the whole shock/coil assembly off and replace it with the King coilovers... the Kings are a better ride...
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
lifts

oh ok! so whats the highest ride you can get off the kings? like from 1"-3"
Old 02-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck

if you pushed it, you could crank up to 3.25" but your kidneys would kill you... 2.5" to 2.75" is comfortable... 3" is doable...
Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
lifts

haha.... ok sounds good! thanx for the help!
what size of lift do you have on yours?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndsmen View Post
haha.... ok sounds good! thanx for the help!
what size of lift do you have on yours?
im long travel so im up at a lil over 4" on King coilovers...