Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spark plugs...

Old 02-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Spark plugs...

Where is the best place to buy some Denso PK16TR11 for my 3.4L? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
either at the dealership or urdusa.com. are those the iridiums?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The shouldn't be because the dual grounded plugs are what's needed in the 5vz-fe. Have you tried rockauto.com?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Should I get the standard K16TR11 or the Platinum PK16TR11 about $4 difference? Also is there a site or how to or diagram for a 5VZ FE? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Tacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the rough

Name: Alex
Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
You just missed out. I just bought 6 of the Denso K16TR11 for $16.49 shipped to my door from ebay.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoguy View Post
You just missed out. I just bought 6 of the Denso K16TR11 for $16.49 shipped to my door from ebay.
I saw that on eBay. Just wondering what the biggest advantage of the standard K16TR11 vs Platinum PK16TR11? ~$4 difference between the two. I also see Iridiums but I don't think I want to get those unless they are significant advantage over the standards and Platinum. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Tacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the rough

Name: Alex
Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
I saw that on eBay. Just wondering what the biggest advantage of the standard K16TR11 vs Platinum PK16TR11? ~$4 difference between the two. I also see Iridiums but I don't think I want to get those unless they are significant advantage over the standards and Platinum. Thanks.
Basically the only advantage of the platinums over the standard copper is change interval. I actually used iridiums for a while (about 8k miles). During that time, I noticed that the car overall just did not seem the same. Gas mileage was worse and overall the truck seemed sluggish.

After going back to standard copper plugs, immediately the car had more power. I definitely felt the difference. Gas Mileage was near the same, a bit better.

So I would personally just got with stock copper dual prongs.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yup, whatever you end up getting, better be sure to get the ones with the dual grounds if you have a gen1 v6.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Yup, whatever you end up getting, better be sure to get the ones with the dual grounds if you have a gen1 v6.
I went with the standard. The illustration looks single but description says dual ground electrode and comes gapped at 0.44...do I need to change this at all or just install with with some anti seize?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
bite me

If it's the dual then double check the gap and install it w/ anti-seize.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
biggecko is on a distinguished road
Name: Tarek
biggecko's Tacoma Gallery
not to make yall feel bad but my local carquest got my all 6 the next day for 14.03