Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2003 Tacoma; interior leaking into floorpan on drivers side only.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
jmoseler is on a distinguished road
jmoseler's Tacoma Gallery
2003 Tacoma; interior leaking into floorpan on drivers side only.

I have an occasional to regular water leak into the interior drivers side of my Tacoma. The water pools up in the floor pan and I get to sop it up with full size towels. And, then I get the occasional horn shorting out for a really long burst, until I'm able to pull over and yank out the fuse. When there's no more heavy rain/snow, no problems.

I've seen some posts in reference to the '05 Tacoma having a similar leak with an associated TSB, but nothing for the '03.

Any ideas for a fix? Or, does anyone have an repeated instance?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a leak...maybe the windshield gasket. Do you hear any whistling while driving at a high speed? I'm not sure about your year...in my tacoma, I can get leaves resting on my cabin filter. I'd make sure that you clean out the leaves and twigs by your windshild and under the hood and see if you can see anything.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Sounds like a leak...maybe the windshield gasket. Do you hear any whistling while driving at a high speed? I'm not sure about your year...in my tacoma, I can get leaves resting on my cabin filter. I'd make sure that you clean out the leaves and twigs by your windshild and under the hood and see if you can see anything.
i have an 03 and my windsheid leaked from the top
lift up the hood and check the area around the windsheild for rust or something might be cloged under where your wipers are
Old 04-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it usually leaks from the windshield area, but for me, it was leaking where there grommet where the wires come through the firewall from the engine compartment, check there too.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
jmoseler is on a distinguished road
jmoseler's Tacoma Gallery
interior leak

Thanks all for your input. The leak did turn out to be the firewall gromet; accessory wires run through it (prior owners doing). anyhow, half a tube of black permatex...no more leak. (knock on wood)

...credit to the toyota techs at west-herr