Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Leaf Springs

Old 04-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
New Leaf Springs

I have a 99 Taco SR5 TRD Access cab and have a bad case of axel wrap. I priced some new leaf springs and they are $150 each and about $275 to put them on. These are stock replacements, nothing special. Any thoughts on the price being good? I have seen a lot of these springs go for $400+ at other places.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TRD View Post
I have a 99 Taco SR5 TRD Access cab and have a bad case of axel wrap. I priced some new leaf springs and they are $150 each and about $275 to put them on. These are stock replacements, nothing special. Any thoughts on the price being good? I have seen a lot of these springs go for $400+ at other places.
that sounds like a good price to me. are your stock springs worn out, sag alot?? an aal may help you out with the axle wrap.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
They aren't sagging, but everything I have read tells me this is the first fix. Not sure what an aal is. If it is cheaper, I will definitely try.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOROCK View Post
its an "ADD A LEAF" BASICALLY ITS ANOTHER BAR TO ADD TO YOU YOUR LEAF SUSPENSION
yup, and probably alot cheaper than new springs. maybe traction bars would help out with the axle wrap too. check out summitracing.com and see what they have.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
look at a helper spring... its an extra spring that goes on top of the pack to hold it's arch. JCW sells them
Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
look at a helper spring... its an extra spring that goes on top of the pack to hold it's arch. JCW sells them
yeah, a helper spring would work pretty good too. and you can get them for really low prices.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
retworm is on a distinguished road
retworm's Tacoma Gallery
I hear SuperSprings is a good helper spring... I just ordered a set from mrtruck.com. After I get them installed I will post my my results
Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by retworm View Post
I hear SuperSprings is a good helper spring... I just ordered a set from mrtruck.com. After I get them installed I will post my my results
sounds good,and welcome to tw!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
retworm is on a distinguished road
retworm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by retworm View Post
I installed my SuperSprings today. They did raise the rear 1"-2". It rides the same as before with no load, being they are self adjusting. I do notice less bodyroll when going around curves faster than I should. It took longer to take the tire and the rubber bumpstop off than it did to install the springs...5-10 min per side. I have not loaded it up yet. I'm in the middle of a concrete removal project so I will post those results in a few days. Also I am gonna unhook the springs so I can get a before and after pic on the height difference, I will post those as well... I now know to take before pics, before .

Products Discussed in this Thread