Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP!!!! 2002 Taco No Dash lights No Vent Control lights No tail Lights

Old 02-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
taco2002 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Biomedical Tech
taco2002's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy HELP!!!! 2002 Taco No Dash lights No Vent Control lights No tail Lights

hey there one day i was driving and my dash lights went out. The speedo, tach, gas gauge, check engine light still Works but the amber color lights that light up my gauges went out along with the ones that light up the vent controls.
My tail Lights also went out, Not my brake lights only the tail lights
when i turn the headlight switch one click the dash SHOULD light up and two clicks the headlights turn on.
ive seen a thread similar to this but they were talking about blown fuses. ive checked my inside fuse box along with the fuse box under the hood, NO BLOWN FUSES
So when u turn the headlight switch one click to illuminate the dash u can hear a faint (click) under the hood inside the fuse box from the tail light relay, then two clicks to turn on the headlights and u can hear the headlight relay (click).
so i also have a 2003 tacoma and i noticed when you take the tail light relay out from the fuse box uner the hood THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENS!!!!!! NO ILLUMINATED DASH AND NO TAIL LIGHTS!!!! ive tried putting the 2003 relay in my 2002 truck and vise versa my relay works in the 2003 fine.

i did not install any new parts previous to this happening
HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
fuses.
Odds are!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
i'm retarded. fuse, i checked the gauge fuse and after i completely ripped apart my dash it was the tail light fuse
Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
mine does this at its will, usually turns on about a mile down the road lol, checking fuses tomorrow
Old 02-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
this thread got me bothered to figure it out, went outside fuses were good and found a relay in the main fuse box in the engine bay "TAIL" and it was loose about to pop off, snugged it down and the lights came right on.

Ryan
Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
glad it worked out!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
Red face

nice!!! yeah i found out why mine was blowin fuses. i'm waiting for a corner light to come in the mail and i have the bulb just hangin out in the open.
the rain kept shorting it out while i was driving
Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco2002 View Post
nice!!! yeah i found out why mine was blowin fuses. i'm waiting for a corner light to come in the mail and i have the bulb just hangin out in the open.
the rain kept shorting it out while i was driving
Yep ... The front corner lights - like most of the dash illumination lights - are on the tail circuit.