LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wheel spacers with 2nd Gen TRD wheels on 1st Gen Tacoma

Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
jrad012x is on a distinguished road

jrad012x's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel spacers with 2nd Gen TRD wheels on 1st Gen Tacoma

I have a 2004 Prerunner with a leveling kit and recently purchased a set of 16" TRD wheels from a 2nd Gen Tacoma with P265/75/R16 tires from another member on here. I have been reading that the offset of the 2nd gen wheels is about 5.5"-5" vs. 1st gen of 4.5"-4" which means my wheels will end up moving inward slightly.

I would like to correct this and possible add more width to my setup. My question is, since I am using 2nd gen TRD wheels, should I use hub centric spacers or stick with the lug centric?

Thanks for any help,

Jason
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
if u go with spidertrax, their newer gen spacers are supposed to be both hub and lug centric so you are covered either way...
Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
monster taco in the snow
pdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud ofpdxwhiteout has much to be proud of

Name: coty
pdxwhiteout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
if u go with spidertrax, their newer gen spacers are supposed to be both hub and lug centric so you are covered either way...
x2 post some pics when your done. bet that will look nice.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the same wheels on my 1st gen with spidertrax. Works perfectly.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I did the exact same thing...'09 wheels on an '02....

.75" borla spacers on front only....

1st pic is with my original alloys and pic 2 is the '09s..
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel spacers with 2nd Gen TRD wheels on 1st Gen Tacoma-photo-2-2-.jpg   Wheel spacers with 2nd Gen TRD wheels on 1st Gen Tacoma-photo-1-2-.jpg