t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to t33gee
quick vid of the results.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jZKan8m7nk
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
BurritoJimmyFan is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BurritoJimmyFan's Tacoma Gallery
Well, that is awesome! A few questions: are there any legal issues with not having the parking lights next to the headlights? Also, is there a better write up with step by step instructions and pics. Sorry, I am very technically challenged.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
LED resistor huh? Interesting term.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #24
aka Tg
t33gee is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
legal issues? i guess ill find out if i ever get pulled over for it.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurritoJimmyFan View Post
Well, that is awesome! A few questions: are there any legal issues with not having the parking lights next to the headlights? Also, is there a better write up with step by step instructions and pics. Sorry, I am very technically challenged.
Once I pulled my front parking lamps (corners), I saw the wiring loom (the black tubes). The looms looked like "T"s. I removed the tape, removed part of the "T"s, and cut the green wires, and reconnected the green wires (1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 1st). Then I replaced the "fog lamp" bulbs, and was set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
LED resistor huh? Interesting term.
What's it called.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #26
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
as for legal, in most states technically the new "turn signal" bulb will need to be amber not clear, but other than that it functions just the same.

Ryan
Old 03-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #27
Black Taco
Beau02 has a spectacular aura aboutBeau02 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Beau
Beau02's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to wire it up so that the existing light functions are switched (as described in this thread), but both sets are 'on' when the parking lights are turned on? So, all four would be light up when the parking lights are on, but the corners would then blink with turn signals or hazards?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #28
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau02 View Post
Is it possible to wire it up so that the existing light functions are switched (as described in this thread), but both sets are 'on' when the parking lights are turned on? So, all four would be light up when the parking lights are on, but the corners would then blink with turn signals or hazards?
That's how I did mine. There's a how-to link down in the thread. It's a bit more involved than how they did theirs but I wanted to keep my corner lights.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-real-mod.html
Old 03-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #29
bgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: gunna
bgdeer1's Tacoma Gallery
dumb question. When you pull the light off and cut n swap the wires, how do you turn them off n and >?? do they turn on when your headlights are on orr whatt... im sooo confused
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #30
aka Tg

t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilTacoma View Post
That's how I did mine. There's a how-to link down in the thread. It's a bit more involved than how they did theirs but I wanted to keep my corner lights.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-real-mod.html
i wanted to do it like that but i got confused, maybe if i can actually figure it out ill go back and change it.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #31
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
In my state (Utah), technically, this wouldn't be legal to do. Fog lights and turn signals would be ok (assuming one changed the bulb on the turn signals to amber). There would need to be marker lights installed since those are now missing. Probably be ok with running another bulb to the cornering lights thats wired to your parking lights. The link above would technically how it should be done to stay legal.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #32
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdeer1 View Post
dumb question. When you pull the light off and cut n swap the wires, how do you turn them off n and >?? do they turn on when your headlights are on orr whatt... im sooo confused
they turn on and off with the parking lights, at least mine do.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #33
aka Tg

t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilTacoma View Post
they turn on and off with the parking lights, at least mine do.
same here. and sundeviltacoma, you gotta make a step by step vidon how u got the actualt parking light lights to stay on with the new fog lights. i read that link but i gguess im just not that smart to understand it.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by t33gee View Post
same here. and sundeviltacoma, you gotta make a step by step vidon how u got the actualt parking light lights to stay on with the new fog lights. i read that link but i gguess im just not that smart to understand it.
step by step vid?? hell, i'm not that good! besides, i had to read it like 20x myself before i fully understood everything. read it a few more times, take your time, once you get into it it'll make sense.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #35
Black Taco

Beau02's Tacoma Gallery
SunDevilTacoma;

Okay . . . I'm a dumbass. I've read your thread along with the link provided and I can't seem to get it. It seems to me the 4x4wire link is about eliminating the lower blinkers and utilizing the corners for both parking lights and blinkers. You integrated both sets of lights (turning on with parking light controls) while still having the corners act as turn signals. I know you didn't sign up for a teaching position here, but would you mind typing up a quick & dirty description of how the respective wires are cut/spliced/connected? No need to worry about types of connectors or sockets, just a brief rundown of how the wires are done.

EDIT:
Okay, I think I may have it. I must not have read it the full 20 times as recommended...

You wired up the two greens to the two socket wires (brighter for blinkers). The two whites run together to the ground tab on the socket. In addition to the above, you kept the white running down to the OEM blinker and the green wire from the corner light down there as well?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #36
aka Tg

t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
I think we should send sundevil some cash thru paypal for his trouble hahaha
Old 03-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #37
Quills has a spectacular aura aboutQuills has a spectacular aura about

Name: Rodney Dinkens
Quills's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau02 View Post
SunDevilTacoma;

Okay . . . I'm a dumbass. I've read your thread along with the link provided and I can't seem to get it. It seems to me the 4x4wire link is about eliminating the lower blinkers and utilizing the corners for both parking lights and blinkers. You integrated both sets of lights (turning on with parking light controls) while still having the corners act as turn signals. I know you didn't sign up for a teaching position here, but would you mind typing up a quick & dirty description of how the respective wires are cut/spliced/connected? No need to worry about types of connectors or sockets, just a brief rundown of how the wires are done.

EDIT:
Okay, I think I may have it. I must not have read it the full 20 times as recommended...

You wired up the two greens to the two socket wires (brighter for blinkers). The two whites run together to the ground tab on the socket. In addition to the above, you kept the white running down to the OEM blinker and the green wire from the corner light down there as well?
You're going to accidentally set your truck on fire.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #38
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quills View Post
If so, post pics or a video.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #39
function > form

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Wrangler View Post
seeing as that lense was never meant as a fog light, i'd be interested to know how it does.

can you get a pic at night from the drivers seat looking foreward with them on ...and then a pic with them off?
1st, fog lights; 2nd, headlights. No pic with them off...imagine darkness.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #40
Black Taco

Beau02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quills View Post
Damnit . . . not again...

Products Discussed in this Thread