Okay . . . I'm a dumbass. I've read your thread along with the link provided and I can't seem to get it. It seems to me the 4x4wire link is about eliminating the lower blinkers and utilizing the corners for both parking lights and blinkers. You integrated both sets of lights (turning on with parking light controls) while still having the corners act as turn signals. I know you didn't sign up for a teaching position here, but would you mind typing up a quick & dirty description of how the respective wires are cut/spliced/connected? No need to worry about types of connectors or sockets, just a brief rundown of how the wires are done.
Okay, I think I may have it. I must not have read it the full 20 times as recommended...
You wired up the two greens to the two socket wires (brighter for blinkers). The two whites run together to the ground tab on the socket. In addition to the above, you kept the white running down to the OEM blinker and the green wire from the corner light down there as well?
1. i removed the old parking light assembly by peeling back the protective cover a few inches then cut the wires right at the socket. then i strpped them and prepped for connecting.
2. i put the new 1157 bulb in the new socket. i put a quick connect on the ground wire (white) and connected it to the new socket tab. then i took the PARKING light hot wire (green) and connected it one at a time to each of the black wires on the socket. whichever black wire i connected to that caused the bulb to burn brightest would be the turn signal wire, so after determining that i marked the wire w/yellow electrical tape.
3. i took about a 3' length of wire and connected it to the PARKING light hot wire (green) and ran it down to the lower turn signal assembly. *NOTE - when making this connection put both of these wires into the same end of the connector. you'll need the other end to connect to the new socket.*
4. down at the lower turn signal assembly i peeled back several inches of the protective cover and cut only the hot (green) wire going to the socket. make sure you don't cut too close to the socket!! then i trimmed to length, stripped, and connected the wire i ran down from the PARKING light hot (green) wire. the soon to be fog light is now connected and i tested to be sure everything works.
5. now i take another length of wire and connect it to the lower turn signal hot (green) wire and run it up to the parking light area. i then connect it to the turn signal wire marked w/yellow electrical tape on the new socket. connect the ground and test. good, everything works.
6. finally i connect the PARKING light wire to the other wire on the new socket and test. everything works - corner parking lights and new fog lights.
that's how i did it. hopefully this helps! i saw afterward i didn't have to go down to the lower turn signel to access its hot wire, but hey mine still works!