1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Two Questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoman101, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Mar 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    Alright I got to questions regarding some mods to my 01 Xtra Cab Taco.

Number 1: I want to get some aftermarket seats or something, for comfort, looks, and just because they would be sweet. I want something sporty. I've searched this forum and the Internet a little but couldn't find anything I really wanted. At one point I thought I saw a post with someone's nice seats. I couldn't find the user, but he's got a red truck thats real nice and he jumps it in the desert all the time. Anyway, what I want is a nice sporty looking seat (it would be nice if it had some suspension too).

Number 2: The other day I had an urge to rip up my carpet in my truck and get it Herculined. The major reason is because my carpet is getting ruined with all this snow and slush we get her in the North East. I know I should just get some quality mats, but I also like the look of the Herculiner. I've seen this done before, I don't know if it was on TTORA, or this forum, but whoever has done it, wanna give my some pointers. I didn't know if after you did this it got really noisy in the cab without the extra insulation that is put in under the carpet.

Thanks for the help ahead of time

2. Mar 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You have headroom for seats with suspension??

Bump for some answers...

3. Mar 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    tacoman101

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    I don't know, do I? :D

4. Mar 1, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    shitroc

shitroc Master of War

Member:
    First Name:
    Ant
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    Listed in sig.......
    "mikesdoublecab" was probly the member you seen jumpin

5. Mar 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I would have to guess a very VERY small suspension- LIke to the point that it's not worth the $ to do it.

The shock ride seats on the boat I used to work on had like 8 or 9 inches of travel...You'd be bouncing off the ceiling and bottoming out over every moderate sized bump...

6. Mar 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    kevhogaz

kevhogaz Low Speed, High Drag

Member:
    Queen Creek, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    SR5 PreRunner
    3" lift front & rear, Air Raid Intake System
    Mastercraft seats would be worth taking a look at. I'm pretty sure you can adapt the seat, to the factory seat tracks.

I had a truck with no carpet, and it was loud inside, hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. I replaced the bare floor with some black carpet, and a thick mat to put underneath it.

7. Mar 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    both of my previous trucks had vinyl floors and they were soooo much better than the stupid carpet in my taco. I would like to get rid of the carpet as well.

8. Mar 2, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    tacoman101

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    bump... thanks guys for the help

9. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    i once had a set of Hunsakers but at the time I bought them, they didn't have any brackets for the 1st gen tacos...

they do now from what i understand...

the Hunsaker seats are pretty comfortable, and they make a reclining version... the seat is about $160 to $200 for the seat and $40 for the slider/mounts...

[​IMG]

Another option is the Procar/Scat seat... Their price points are about the same as Hunsaker...

[​IMG]

10. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    the best seats though would be by Beard, PRP, and Corbeau...

only problem is price... you are looking at anywhere from $400 to $800 per seat and the brackets are anywhere from $100 to $300 additional...

Hamer95USA likes this.
  11. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    nah, im a mall crawler...

:D:D:D

[​IMG]

12. Mar 3, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
    Watch out for the speed bumps and the curbs out there. ;)

13. Mar 3, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    tacoman101

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    Alright thanks mike for the help...thats what im looking for

Products Discussed in

To Top