Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Today at AUTOZONE

Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
Tacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the rough

Name: Alex
Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Today at AUTOZONE

Well for those who don't know, I work at autozone.

Now I usually never get Tacoma owners, but today i got 2 first gens in (both 2002). One guy was in looking for muffler accessories and the other for oil.

Both trucks were pretty much stock. However it was really cool talking to them about everything Tacoma!

One guy was actually a member of tacomaworld, but said he doesnt come anymore.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
^^ thats what he said. He said he got two (as in two tacomas) that where 2002's.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha thats awesome! I know when ever I meet fellow tacoma owners off craigslist we talk forever... and they want to see everything I've had done with my truck. lol
Old 03-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Tacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the roughTacoguy is a jewel in the rough

Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah my coworkers were really upset with me. I was sitting talking for like a half hour, while they took care of the other customers.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #7

Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Not surprising that working at autozone I dont get to see many tacomas or toyotas in general. The only time being for wipers or oil.

I ALWAYS see Ford trucks and chevy trucks in autozone for parts. 90% of all trucks I give parts for are Chevy/Ford and its also for actual parts and not normal stuff.

Lots of bad water pumps, alternators, starters, suspension. My tacoma- ZIP.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
s2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Lee
s2kvtak's Tacoma Gallery
wanna do me a fovor next time you go in? find out how much an O2 sensor is. my gas milage is plumetting and i think its going out. no CEL or anything but gas keeps going down. given i have just recently added 33s but it started before that....
Old 03-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Vatozone
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #10

Tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kvtak View Post
wanna do me a fovor next time you go in? find out how much an O2 sensor is. my gas milage is plumetting and i think its going out. no CEL or anything but gas keeps going down. given i have just recently added 33s but it started before that....
Which one?

I looked a couple up today. I believe the one after the CAT is $84 for Bosch and $145 for Denso.

The one located before the cat was like $100 for Bosch and Denso was like $300.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
s2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to beholds2kvtak is a splendid one to behold

s2kvtak's Tacoma Gallery
i need the one before the cat. the one that controls fuel. my mpg has dropped a bunch. i was quoted 185 at advanced!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #12
another gsxr 1k is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Radioman 1989-1994
another gsxr 1k's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to try the dealer too. Mine went out last fall and it ended up being cheaper to have the dealer replace it than it was for me to get the parts and do it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #13

s2kvtak's Tacoma Gallery
why would there be a difference in the automatic trans version and the manual trans version? i cannot think of anything that would be different between the 2 and no one can answer it either