I've been a long time Toyota Driver and have finally stepped up to a Tacoma.
I managed to score an 01 4wd V6 Double Cab with one owner and in great shape. I'm not usually one to work on my vehicles but this truck is one that I'd like to do the work on when possible.
Here's my list of questions.
1) Never changed anything but oil before, so what's my best bet for a manual on how to change all the fluids, plugs, and other easy items.
2) I know the plugs were all changed 3k along with the oil prior to my purchase. So I was thinking I should first do the Trans, and Diff oils since I have no record of them being changed. What special tools are needed?
3) When starting is it normal for it to take about 5 seconds to turn over?
4) Does anyone have a parts truck with a Tan interior that I can get some trim pieces from or know the best way to obtain these cheaply? Mainly the drivers side window/door control bezel and the radio/a/c bezel.
5) Rust? I had the frame inspection done and all is well. But there is quite a bit of under-body rust so I'd like to know what is the best way to remove and or protect the remaining life of the truck?
6) Lubrication? - Where and what needs to be lubricated on the truck other then my squeaky doors?
7) The passenger front fender flare piece above the tire has a rubber gasket that sits between the fender metal and the plastic. It's not staying in and I need to remove the fender flare and re-seat the rubber gasket. How do you remove the fender flare piece?
Hope that wasn't to long a list or to newbie of questions for you all.