Toyota Tacoma Frame Rust

Old 04-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
SUITCASE12 is on a distinguished road
SUITCASE12's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Tacoma Frame Rust

My 97 Tacoma Has Surface Peeling And Do You Think They Will Buy Back
Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUITCASE12 View Post
My 97 Tacoma Has Surface Peeling And Do You Think They Will Buy Back
Hrmm...'97 is a bit old for Toyota to do anything. My '06 frame has some surface rust and I wouldn't expect them to do a thing about it. Typical lifespan of most vehicles these days is about 10 years before major updates are required.

Welcome to the site, btw.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
It's not for surface rust - it's for internal rust damage. You have to have the dealer inspect your truck to see if you qualify for the warrantee.
Here's some info:

Dealer Communication Letter (From Toyota Corp to all Dealers)
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck...munication.pdf

Warranty Policy Bulletin #POL08-03 (Details about what is covered and VIN ranges)
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck...nty-policy.pdf

Vehicle Inspection Procedure
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck...inspection.pdf
Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
It's not for surface rust - it's for internal rust damage. You have to have the dealer inspect your truck to see if you qualify for the warrantee.
Here's some info:

Dealer Communication Letter (From Toyota Corp to all Dealers)
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck...munication.pdf

Warranty Policy Bulletin #POL08-03 (Details about what is covered and VIN ranges)
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck...nty-policy.pdf

Vehicle Inspection Procedure
http://www.showstop.org/images/truck...inspection.pdf
Linky no worky.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Linky no worky.
I fixed Jan's links.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #6

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks tcBob! Those documents are an interesting read. It's cool to see Toyota stand behind their products to that extent!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
I fixed Jan's links.
Thanks Bob!

Stupid computers at work in our break room freeze up whenever you try to access PDF's. THey're ancient computers. I just copied the text of the links. I figured someone could copy & paste them....atleast the address was there.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #9
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
My letter from Toyota came yesterday (4/22) but my truck was inspected and failed over a month ago.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
99redtaco27 is on a distinguished road
Army: Ret VFW
99redtaco27's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my 99 in DEc 07 and the other day found a 1x4" hole in the frame, RATS - I already love this truck and after this type of customer support will no doubt be a toyota owner FOR LIFE - the bulletins are good info, Thanks!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #11
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
The delay is probably from the dealership. I had mine inspected on 4/14, received a call from ISG on 4/22, received and faxed my acceptance letter back on 4/23. I expect a check in 5 days.

Keep on the Service Manager at the dealership.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
ZachUA is on a distinguished road
ZachUA's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for bumping and old thread but I searched and found this rather than posting a new one.

Does the warranty apply to any owner, or only the original owner? I found a 97 Tacoma I'm interested in buying, and its vin falls within the covered range of vins...but I don't know what condition the frame is in. I'm wondering if it has rust that I can't see or don't notice, will I still be covered since I will be the 3rd owner...? I looked at the pdf that was posted above and did not see any stipulation regarding which owner it is...but I just wanted to double check here before I bought the truck! Thanks!

Zach
Old 04-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachUA View Post
sorry for bumping and old thread but I searched and found this rather than posting a new one.

Does the warranty apply to any owner, or only the original owner? I found a 97 Tacoma I'm interested in buying, and its vin falls within the covered range of vins...but I don't know what condition the frame is in. I'm wondering if it has rust that I can't see or don't notice, will I still be covered since I will be the 3rd owner...? I looked at the pdf that was posted above and did not see any stipulation regarding which owner it is...but I just wanted to double check here before I bought the truck! Thanks!

Zach
even to new owner so if frame is busted they should replace it
Old 04-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
mytattootears has a spectacular aura aboutmytattootears has a spectacular aura about
Name: ramon
mytattootears's Tacoma Gallery
man i got my date with the toyota dealership this coming tuesday, but but i hope nothing is wrong with my frame, i have shit welded on it, Stubbs Welding rock sliders, Demello Offroad rear frame reinforcements, and a few more things that was welded when i got the lift. i hope nothing comes out wrong b/c ill be so sad
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #15
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytattootears View Post
man i got my date with the toyota dealership this coming tuesday, but but i hope nothing is wrong with my frame, i have shit welded on it, Stubbs Welding rock sliders, Demello Offroad rear frame reinforcements, and a few more things that was welded when i got the lift. i hope nothing comes out wrong b/c ill be so sad
Yours is 2004 right... so they will not take your truck they will install new frame for you which then you can paint and keep truck for many more years
Old 04-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #17
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
See
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...lp-toyota.html
for the long version.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #18
mytattootears has a spectacular aura aboutmytattootears has a spectacular aura about
but my truck is not stock, i have alot of aftermarket parts on it, a few welded on there, if my truck does get a new frame will they take off my parts and put them on my new frame or will they not add it on. ill put some pictures up later, since i cant right now since my little brother wanted to drive my truck to show it off to his friends

this is my truck but ill put some picture up later of the things that are welded on there
Old 04-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #19
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
They "WILL" buy Buy Back from 95 through 2000. I just had mine bought back. It's a freakin AWSOME Deal too. Where are you from? If your in NJ, PM me and I'll tell you what dealer to go to for hassle free inspection/process.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #20
oh no, im in northern california, sorry i still havent taken pictures im a little hung over from last night