Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New member camper shell mod *PICS*

Old 03-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
campintruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Frank
campintruck's Tacoma Gallery
New member camper shell mod *PICS*

This forum is addictive! I've been browsing this forum everyday and thought it was about time I show my truck with my camper shell. I do alot of camping and paddling with my family, so I needed a shell to fit my needs. I decided to go with A.R.E. for there quality finish, looks and the different options. I went to the lower profile to make it easier to load and unload my boats. If any one is considering an ARE shell, there is a few options you should get:
-side pop-up doors with sliding glass for ventilation
-lined interior( this helps with condensation, it sucks waking up with a wet sleeping bag)
-drop down front window so you can wash your cabs rear window

I started making mods on my shell right away. I needed a platform to meet my needs during the week and my play time needs on the weekend. I made it so I could keep my gear organized. This set up allows me to use this platform for different situations. Sleeping quarters are a little tight due to the dbl cab short bed( luckily I'm 5'-7"). Hope this information is useful for anyone considering sleeping and camping in their truck.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
I like it! Been thinking about doing something similar so I can store gear in the bottom and let the dogs ride on top.

Mike
Old 03-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
alex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to behold

alex1988's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really clean! Love the work you did on the inside.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!

I agree about the swing-up 'win-doors' - they're the handiest feature I've ever seen on a canopy / shell.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work!!! Looks great, and welcome to the forum!!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Like the truck, shell and platform you built. Looks pretty cool.
Welcome to the forum and yeah TW is addictive.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Welcome to TW!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #9
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Cool!!!! welcome
Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
Thanks for for the welcome and compliments!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
Very functional and well laid out. You obviously planned your design with max storage in mind.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
Space Wrangler is on a distinguished road

Name: JCT
Space Wrangler's Tacoma Gallery
awesome!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #13
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
Cool
Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good to me. Nice storage!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #15
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW Frank. Nice truck! That's one of the better looking shells I've seen so far. Great job!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #16
Worm is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Worm's Tacoma Gallery
Wow I really like that, nice job!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #17
Bagua is on a distinguished road
Bagua's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck! Great job on the storage!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #18
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
Hey are you a member at expeditionportal.com ? Those guys would love your info as well.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
No I'm not, but have to check them out. First time hearing about that web site. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #20
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Thats looks great!! good job!