Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pictures of my 99 Rusted Frame

Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 AM   #1
Moneray is on a distinguished road
Moneray's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures of my 99 Rusted Frame

Well everyone I think my truck might have the rusted frame problem after all. I put it up on a hoist last night and took these pictures. For anyone that has had this problem does this look consistent with what Toyota is concerned about?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
Northern Alliance: padawan
RoadKill is on a distinguished road

RoadKill's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, looks like it!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
99redtaco27 is on a distinguished road
Army: Ret VFW
99redtaco27's Tacoma Gallery
Went down to the local toyota dealer and out back are at least 25 yotas lined up bumper to bumper awaiting the crusher - what a SHAME to see - and all those good parts...nother problem is now you can't find a used yota ANYWHERE they are going quick
Old 04-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I confered with my magic 8 ball, it says the outlook is bleak.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
Newer Taco User
RedTaco02 is on a distinguished road
Army: 136th RTI
RedTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Which tacomas are being baught back? I haven't noticed any rust under my truck. I guess I'll checking. If there is any method to this madness let me know please.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco02 View Post
Which tacomas are being baught back? I haven't noticed any rust under my truck. I guess I'll checking. If there is any method to this madness let me know please.
95.5-2000
Old 04-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...that definately looks bad.

What a shame that they're 'crushing' these trucks. I mean - they could've sold them to a junkyard for some cash atleast and the parts would be available for everyone.

Toyota must be getting compensated somehow either by insurance or something - or why would they be passing out all those checks? Amazing...
That's a lot of money for a company to freely dish out.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 AM   #10
Moneray is on a distinguished road
Moneray's Tacoma Gallery
Ya after I took those pictures I contacted the dealership and they told me to bring it in. I could only find the one hole but when I tapped on the frame I could tell it was not very solid in some areas. Hopefully Toyota comes through on this for me.

I purchased this truck in Boston and drove it back to Southern Ontario just 6 months ago. It has been a great truck so I will just wait to see what happens.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #11
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I had this happen to my 99. I received my offer of 150% of the blue book in excellent condition. It was more than $5000 over what I paid for it. I immediately started looking for a new/used one and you are right, it is slim pickens. The dealers know that too and I paid a little more for my new 2006, but with the extra money, I got it for a song.

Take it in. The process is fairly easy and the offer will give you no choice.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:32 AM   #12
TFA_DF8 is on a distinguished road
TFA_DF8's Tacoma Gallery
I thought my frame was solid because there was only one visible sot of rust not larger then a quarter that wasnt even a hole yet, i took it to toyota seeing how there buy back deal is unbeatable and the slammed the frame up and down with a hammer revealing 3 more holes around quarter size then the final killler was the mechanic took a punch and knocked it straight through the frame, very disapointing to see. After explaining how dangerous this problem is they gave me the option of taking the rental or signing a waver and driving the truck off the lot. I have a 30 day 08 malibu since all the car rentals in ct are empty becaue of the recall and toyota guarenteed the process be over before the 30 days are up.