Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Well...

Old 03-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
gonathan85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
gonathan85's Tacoma Gallery
Well...

It has come time to change the oil on my 1998 2.7 4 banger. I'm sure I could figure it out on my own, but want to save the time if there is a DIY, how-to, or instructional thread already out there.

Anyone have a link for a 2.7 1st gen oil change?

I did some searching, but came up empty.

Thanks,
Nate
Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
zrs25 is a glorious beacon of lightzrs25 is a glorious beacon of lightzrs25 is a glorious beacon of lightzrs25 is a glorious beacon of lightzrs25 is a glorious beacon of light
zrs25's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the basics on a video for an older toyota truck. http://revver.com/video/142460/toyot...ctional-video/

It may help. Once you do it the first time you'll be an expert. I would suggest trying to get the filter "broke" loose before you drain the oil just incase you don't have a wrench to fit it. I'd hate to drain it out then not be able to get the filter off! Make sure it's in gear/park with e brake on.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the link, however, the video won't open on my crappy work computer. One of the guys in the shop owns an older 4runner, and he knew the basics of the oil change process.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Idrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud ofIdrivetoys has much to be proud of
Marines: 1341/1343/6222
Name: Ryan
Idrivetoys's Tacoma Gallery
heres something i ALWAYS do, after all the oil is drained and you put a new filter on, run a full quart of fresh oil in the filler cap, then quickly look down under the truck to see the nasty stuff that is still in your oil pan that didn't drain all the way.

Ryan
Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrivetoys View Post
heres something i ALWAYS do, after all the oil is drained and you put a new filter on, run a full quart of fresh oil in the filler cap, then quickly look down under the truck to see the nasty stuff that is still in your oil pan that didn't drain all the way.

Ryan
Good call. A few bucks extra could probably remove a bunch of extra junk.